69 Chevy Short Bed Pickup Followed Me Home

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Just what we didn't need, another basket case. :(
We spotted this truck for sale and went and got it.

It's actually a 69 Chevy but it's got a GMC front end.
The good points are it has factory air conditioning and a 400 ci engine.
The bad part is it's going to need a lot of work. :cry
The paint job is really poor so we'll probably re-paint it a different color.
Right now we're leaning toward blue and white, much like the truck in this picture except that we'll probably go a size smaller on the tires.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Just what we didn't need, another basket case. :(
We spotted this truck for sale and went and got it.

It's actually a 69 Chevy but it's got a GMC front end.
The good points are it has factory air conditioning and a 400 ci engine.
The bad part is it's going to need a lot of work. :cry
The paint job is really poor so we'll probably re-paint it a different color.
Right now we're leaning toward blue and white, much like the truck in this picture except that we'll probably go a size smaller on the tires.

AND THEN THERE WERE THREE !!!!!!:idea:clap:clap
:crazy:happy:cheers

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Don't see a lot of those with A/C down here, so I would imagine it was rare up there indeed. ??

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
409 powered I hope! Nice truck

I think we'll just stay with the stock engine 400ci small block for now. It seems to be running OK, but if it happens to need a rebuild, .040 over pistons, that would make it a 409. :deal
We're not planning anything too fancy on this truck. We're just aiming for a pretty stock restoration.
No Way!!!! Blue, I would have never guessed that!!! :laugh:hide

Yeah, who'd a thunk it???
We didn't always have blue stuff,,, it's the Seattle Seahawks that are to blame. :dunno
back in 2005, the last time the Seahawks were in the Superbowl, we were working on the 55 Chevy and thinking about what color to paint it.
We were watching the game and I thought the color on the Seahawks helmets might look good on the car. :scratch (their helmets are different now, they used to be a silver blue metallic color)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Don't see a lot of those with A/C down here, so I would imagine it was rare up there indeed. ??

Yeah, I would think so too. All the heater/ac stuff seems to be there except that the compressor and hoses are missing. We'll get it running one way or another. :beer

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congrats, Jim. I did a little sanding on my Cecil truck today. I had forgotten how much fun it is to hold a DA for several hours. NOT!!!! It was the same color as your new truck, I will be going with all white for the paint. Good luck with your new baby.

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Lots of cool trucks on this forum. Makes me want to go get one now! I really want a 55 Chevy pickup though. stroker 348 and a 4 speed :)

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No thanks, Bob. My truck will not be flashy. Just trying to make it look clean and neat. You've already won. The wrecker is spectacular.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
No thanks, Bob. My truck will not be flashy. Just trying to make it look clean and neat. You've already won. The wrecker is spectacular.
Can we have just a few picture's :cry:cry here and there ????? We all like picture's, especially bob he would be wanting to get his hand's on that truck!!!!:bang:bang:bang

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

:yup Yeah, that wrecker came out really nice.
We're also just aiming to make this thing a driver. In fact we're going to use it to plow the snow around here. :hide