70 C60

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
The carb looks worth saving. That motor is a tall deck, lots of things changed from a car motor. The crank and 4 bolt main caps but not much else.

bobs409

Administrator
Looks to be in GREAT shape! Even the seat isn't ripped. Ever think of starting a hauling business? The guys that deliver coal around here would love to have that truck. I'd take the radio delete plate, I can get $45-50 for that on ebay! :D :ebay

bobs409

Administrator
What could be done with a stroker crank and longer rods with that tall deck?

Maybe machine 1/4" off the deck? :D I always wondered about this too. I hear you can hot rod them the price is too far out there. One day someone will come up with a great way and then everyone can cry about all the truck blocks they threw away. :bawl :cryblow

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The guys around here use the tall deck truck motors to build 540 cubes. The truck motors also use 4 ring pistons, so nothing good in there either. Dad had one of these for a log truck for a couple of years but it had a bad habit of busting pistons. He finally went to a DT466 and never went back to gas. If you buy it and want to start a fleet, I have a 72 with a 366, working 4th 5speed and air brakes.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The block is .400 Taller than a pass/pickup truck. Stroker crank and long rods. I have a couple around. I plan on using one to build a long rod engine. Might be worth about $4-500? bare block. 3.76 stroke crank could be cut down for a 409 stroker.
That truck looks too good to part out to me. I could use that for some dirt work and firewood.