700r4 transmission needs a torque converter for my wagon.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I did see not long ago that a Neil Chance converter is about $15,000. We put billet covers on our 68RFE units with triple disc lock up. It makes them last longer but puts more weight on causing the input shaft to break easier. We also use billet front covers on the 62TE because OEM tends to crack and scrape the lock up lining off.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I know Circle D has gotten press about their convertors in newer trannys but they changed a PG a friend gave me to a TH350/400 and my little 390 HP 400 laid over a bunch of fins in what they used.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My wife is from Knoxville, never knew there was that kind of shop in that town.
When I moved to my current location it took me 3 years to find out a block away from my house is a Cobra kit car company. They don't make many anymore but there are several neighbors around close that have them. One guys wife tried to sell me his kit because its gathering dust. I should buy it and put a W motor in it. LOL! I was given the grand tour and its an impressive shop just a stones throw away from my house.
Power Performance LLC

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I know Circle D has gotten press about their convertors in newer trannys but they changed a PG a friend gave me to a TH350/400 and my little 390 HP 400 laid over a bunch of fins in what they used.
Which converter did you buy? They did mention they have some mass produced converters on the shelf.