72 Suburban

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Who is it on this forum that has the 67-72 Suburban with the 409 in it. I just bought my 72 Custom 10 back after 29 years. I was the third owner in 1980, and sold it in 85 to a friend of mine. now i'm the 5th owner. It might need a motor swap. Thanks, Barry

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Phil. Thats who I was thought it was but wasn't sure. I saw it at the Clay City Kentucky race and really liked it. Very nicely done as is all of Gerry's cars and trucks. Thanks again and I'll see you at Great Bend " Dad won Top Stock there in 59 in a black, white top, 270 hp 57 chevy"

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Coming soon. and I still have the trophy, and the trophy he won the next weekend at Caddo Mills for the texas regional race which I'm in that picture.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I think it would be fitting to bring your dad's trophy to Great Bend!!! There are going to some other "old" trophies there also.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Gerry, I would like to take it, but I'll have two race cars to get up there for the race. Eventually I'm going back to an open trailer and sell my enclosed. look forward to seeing you at Great Bend Gerry. Barry