750 Dominator on a 409

425/409ER

Well Known Member
So I have this 750 Dominator on the shelf and my son though it would look cool on the 409. I think I can make it work but I will need to lean out the idle feed restrictors as the 4500 carbs do run very fat at idle. I found an adapter that will keep the carb under the hood. Sure would look different.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
The word adapter should be the first clue,:scratch
now if you are talking about an intake modified for said dominator well than you would want one bigger. :burnout

I am kind of torn on adapters and spacers, Back in the mid '70 I had a 327 that I bought a new 3310-2 carb but had the intake for the smaller 600 Holley bore holes. I added the spacer and that 327 just flew, later on a buddy said the right carb with no spacer would be the ticket, he borrowed me the right carb a 650 I think and the car was slower and lost some races. The next day on went the spacer and the 3310 and the car felt good again. This would be just for looks as I just do not pound on out 409, that's what I have BB 454's for.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That 750 has to be a street tunnel ram carburetor just guessing :dunno2
I may have one, maybe you need a pair. :D

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
The 3 circuit Dominators are not as good for any kind of street driving I know some guys routinely converted to 2 circuit. Not sure if the 750 is 2 or 3. The bolt pattern is close to the 4150. Ir there is enough boss not too hared to convert-JB weld in some aluminum 5/16 bolts/threaeded rod drill and tap for 4500 pattern then blend intake. I have a Pontiac 4150 Victor I am going to do.