A $329000 60 Chevy!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's a great illustration of the problem with customizing. Do it to please yourself but don't expect anyone else to like it and certainly don't expect anyone to pay big bucks for it. That car belongs in south LA.:eek:

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A $130000 60 Chevy

Must have lowerd the price because he just found out that you can not "gold plate tires".

Dave

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I could probably live with the interior, if they got rid of the fugly seat belts and floor mats.:eek: The Cordoba Corinthian leather roof has to go also.:eek: :eek: I don't even want to comment on the wheels. :nono1: Skip

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Jsut for fun I emailed the seller for more info,, here is what i got and a link to photos,,,

Jim,

I am the original owner and had the car customized in the 60's. It has been stored most of it's life and that is why the mileage is so low. All the fenders, brackets and radiator have been chromed and the valve covers, air cleaners and spot lights have been 24k gold plated.

The engine has been recently tuned up the car has always had regular oil changes. The car runs and sounds tough. It did 13.72 seconds at 102 miles an hour in a quarter mile at Great Lakes drag strip in 1961

If you want to talk cars, give me a call 262-***-4814. The best time to call is 11:00am - 2:00pm or evenings after 7:00.

Marv

Here's a slide show of the car

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o118/lschwirtz/Chevy/?action=view&current=1166801346.pbw