A Day In The Office

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Didn't get the last one out yet, lost count on tries, think I was getting impatient and this one is on the drivers side rear bolt, the first was passenger front.
Welded a nut on again and tagged out for the day, try again tomorrow.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The welding trick works real well getting them bolts out. I don’t even weld the nut on I just slap some weld on the end and use my channel lock pliers and they spin out fine on the ones I have done.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
So, yesterday in the office was in Republic Mo. My good friend Randall had a startup party planned for his 64 Drag Snake creation so Chris, Nathan and I make the 2.5 hour trip for the event. Now as fate would have it nothing went very smooth. I found that the fuel pressure regulator was plumed backwards, by the way could be easy to do as it was not marked for inlet or outlet. After we get fuel pressure he couldn't get the laptop to connect with the computer in the car, so Chris stepped in and gave a hand with the communication problem. So we set all the startup parameters for startup but with no luck as we had no spark. Now this system uses a Fast injection controller and a MSD digital 6AL, after some testing I determine that the Fast system is not sending a signal to the MSD, so after a few questions on how it was wired together I find that the white wire from the MSD he had hooked to the Fast system white wire was not correct as it should have been hooked to a brown wire from the Fast system. Now Randall said that the direction made it plan that the white had to go to the white, but was not the case. So after the rewire we now have spark and then the party started. :)

Resized_20190907_183000.jpeg

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well boys and girls, today's session was to remove the 5 speed out of a jeep cherokee looking for a clutch problem, it wouldn't release.
So after much struggle, I found the problem, the pilot bearing was seized to the input shaft. Man I need a beer now.
View attachment 74089

Sent this one down the road today, had to go deep to get to the input shaft.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The blue sky garage was great today, so got some quality time with this ugly beast.
Owner gave me this dual power master cylinder assembly to try. Not sure if it will work or not. :dunno
This truck has a vacuum booster in the system so we are trying to upgrade the system, I have the front shoes relined and new wheel cylinders, but still need to attack the rears.:doh
I did have to change the ratio on the pedal so it would have enough travel to operate the new dual master. :think
20191008_144846.jpg
20191008_144933.jpg
20191008_145144.jpg
20191008_143831.jpg
Man I need a beer. :bong