A Day In The Office

wristpin

Well Known Member
If nothing else John think about the cancer you could cause by the rays created. Ive gotten weld (sun) burns through long sleeve shirts several times. It never tans out like a sunburn will, burned skin just peels off. I try to be smarter now. No reason to build these toys and die before they're fully enjoyed :burnout

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I would say the last 20 years I cover myself very well and I know exactly where you're coming from!!! It only took me one time a long time ago to wake me up! Even though it's a pain in the hiney and my glasses and helmet fill up full with water from sweat I still keep covered up. LOL:shock2:scared2

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James when we were loading the Oldsmobile and the Nash up today wasn't there one behind the garage next to that Mitsubishi? A bug-eyed Sprite? Looks like the back of its in a jungle.....

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
James notes: "There is a bug eyed around these part with a 348 in it. "

I did not know that! Now that would be one crazy ride. Do you know who owns it?

Remember those two I had years ago when a friend of Mike's was getting rid of a bunch of Corvette stuff? I had to buy the two Bug Eyed Sprites just to get the Corvettes :). One was a former racer. Flipped them as parts cars to some collector in Nebraska if I remember correctly.

But with a "W" in it, that would be wild :).

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm not talking about the one on Shawn's side right outside his shop door I'm talking about the one on the back side of the building where Harold used to keep his bricklaying equipment facing the east.. south side of the roll up door...
All you can see is the grill the headlights the bumper and a little bit of the fenders in the hood it is deep in the jungle. In the headlights look like they were up on the top of the fenders like a bug-eyed to me but I didn't look at it that close... I try not to get too close to them things you never know what kind of Critter you might catch. LOL! Could be an Austin Baby!!!!!!!!

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
James,

I cant believe that you have so much pom bombs around your area.
Is it like this all over the states or is it just in little pockets?
Just seems strange with all of the motoring history from the 30s up that you would have so many english cars over there

We have lots of austins, triumphs, Morris, English Ford and other BMC stuff like landrovers and rovers etc here
All the dead austins and triumphs are used for is Wiper systems for hot rods

Steve