A Day In The Office

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
La Hot Rods. To the non-professional, this welding job may look just so so. To a person who knows welding, this is a superior welding job. To make three passes, by hand, into a 90 degree "V;" to keep the puddle level and even and to do this with two different metal hardness shows this is a talented welder. What is the metal used--Silicone Bronze? Love the second picture. Nice job!! :bow Chuckl

20200707_163731.jpg
This is the wire I used, DC- at 260 amps. Tig welding is a lot of fun for me but it is time consuming. :weld

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That was one of my better scores. Bough it from a machine shop in town that was getting out of the machine business, they were selling stuff at scrap price in weight. I paid 175 bucks for it and the 3x4 1 inch table it is bolted to. :good

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That was one of my better scores. Bough it from a machine shop in town that was getting out of the machine business, they were selling stuff at scrap price in weight. I paid 175 bucks for it and the 3x4 1 inch table it is bolted to. :good

Can't have too heavy of a welding table. Had one like that at a quarry. Had fly rock come through the shop roof and one lit right on it. Another just missed Dad by a couple feet as he was at the workbench vice. Lucky.:doh

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James, my son is so happy with the job you did on his van. He says it drives like a dream now with the new power steering. He’s got big plans for it at work. Someday maybe during the winner is thinking fuel injection and new fuel tank. He looked over your work in the brackets and stuff that you made and said he was very impressed. I guess I was lucky because it won’t fit in my shop!
not only that with me having a full-time job it would’ve been a long time to get it as far as you did in the Amount of time that you have it. I appreciate you taking on the headache, but it really did need power steering. And a lot of other things like some suspension work. But this will get him by for a while and he can enjoy it for a little bit before round two comes :wacko:doh:weld I appreciate you helping him, I knew you would take care of it get the job done and most of all it would be safe and correct! !:good

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cool Brad, It’ll be good for at least 10 year project for James:wacko :tongue You know he’s not getting any younger. I know them MGs they take years and years to restore. I will say this though Chris has a really sweet one that James restored. I don’t think And MG is my style. I have been considering a wagon though! LOL:juggle...You should go ahead and buy it and drop it off at Jameses and have them call you when it’s done.:brow