A Day In The Office

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So today I worked on the Jaguar E type rear suspension, I disassembled back in February and the customer took all the parts to have them cleaned and painted. Well they lost the box full of all the fixing and brackets for the brake calipers. They clamed they never had them, funny how that works. Now after many calls and pictures of expsloeded views of the missing parts I may have enough to get this completed. :good
View attachment 89300
View attachment 89301
I did all the detail work on the calipers, they did all the black paint work.
So frustrating! I always take a picture of the guy I'm dealing with and the parts layed out. Then there is no confusion and no rare/expensive parts walk away.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looks good. I'll be replacing a little baby Holley 1904 in a 1961 Ford Econoline truck coming up soon. It was new but the previous owner decided to get rough with it and broke the housing so the choke can't be used. Not even worth rebuilding so it will set up on my carb wall for parts. Doing a rewire on the entire truck and switching to a newer alternator while I'm at it. Everything is pretty easy to get to in the truck so not as bad as some I have seen.