A few W motor questions......

LUKESTER

Hello I'm Lukester. This is my first post. I am from Wisconsin, 30 years old, and I am I am building a heavily chopped ,hoodless, and fenderless, super low "nostaliga style" 1935 chevy truck and have chosen a 1959 Truck 348 for power . My first question is.... I am wondering what kind of "strange intake manifolds were available for these motors? Did anyone produce an Aluminum aftermarket 3 two barrel setup for the 348? possibly something a little taller than the stock 3 two intake? I have seen the offy offerings sold by Dr.409 , PAW etc... But was wondering what kind of bizarre stuff could possibly be out there. 2nd question...... does anybody have an NGK spark plug # for this motor? my 3rd question is..... where can header flanges be purchases for this motor? last question is...... My engine had a rochester "4 Jet" carb on it with a governer, and I would like to find a replacement to use for initial startup, minus the governer..... what vehicles also ran a carb that would be a suitable replacement?...sorry for the newbie questions, but you guys seem to know your stuff... Thanks LUKESTER

Attachments

• ratrod1.jpg
    ratrod1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 350

John

Well Known Member
A few people out there say that a3 deuce alluminum does exist. Good luck finding one. There is a 6 deuce made by Offy. A singlr 4 alluminum GM are allso available.
There is a few header guys making flanges allso they come up on ebay.
Truck engines are very low compression 7.75 . Carbs are not that hard to get. Edelbrock makes them. I hope this helps. John

Max Gearhead

Supporting Member 1
Header flanges

Hey Luke, nice to see you here! Headers by Ed in Minnesota sells flanges and kits for W-Motors, the website is www.headersbyed.com Your best bet for an aftermarket aluminum intake is to get one from Marcus at Hot Rod Vintage Parts as he handles all the Offenhauser products. Go to www.hotrodvintageparts.com Hope this helps. Max:cool:

Travis

Hey Luke!

Nice to see you here!! You know me from the HAMB as Travis (Formerly SledDriver)

You won't find a better place to learn stuff about the W engines.

See ya!

Travis

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you want a 6 carb set up vintage speed sells a 6 carb manifold and the carbs and linkage to go along with it. Roy