A/FX

Dave I don't remember the exact year it must have been the early 70's but the Seaton's Shaker corvair sat at a gas station in downtown Warren ,Ohio for at least 2 yrs. I don't know if it was the same car that's in this article though but that was the name on the side of the car. I know they repainted the car and reletterd the car and the new name was Bartlett's Shaker but I don't remember seeing the car run around the local drag strips after the paint job.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sup...B0FDC1D1A7262E686F14114D3FDD8B3F9C23D15DF963E

Mark
Do you mean this one ?
That was my father's car Howard (Howdy) Bartlett Jr.. I haven't seen that car except in pictures since 1969 or 70, when he sold it after moving from Warren, Ohio to the Intercoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale (My mother's much older replacement didn't like him racing & he had to choose 1 or the other). I would stand at the door to the garage & watch them work on it. Mother said I would say "Da Da Go Zoom" over & over. When it would be fired up everything shook (neighbors hated it though) & till this day I still love the sound & feel of heavy rolling thunderstorms. The house was part of a country club community so I'm pretty sure when we moved the neighbors threw a "Going Away Party" ! Funny we weren't invited though.......Bartlett Super Shaker.jpg

Dave I don't remember the exact year it must have been the early 70's but the Seaton's Shaker corvair sat at a gas station in downtown Warren ,Ohio for at least 2 yrs. I don't know if it was the same car that's in this article though but that was the name on the side of the car. I know they repainted the car and reletterd the car and the new name was Bartlett's Shaker but I don't remember seeing the car run around the local drag strips after the paint job.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sup...B0FDC1D1A7262E686F14114D3FDD8B3F9C23D15DF963E

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Do you mean this one ?
That was my father's car Howard (Howdy) Bartlett Jr.. I haven't seen that car except in pictures since 1969 or 70, when he sold it after moving from Warren, Ohio to the Intercoastal Waterway in Fort Lauderdale (My mother's much older replacement didn't like him racing & he had to choose 1 or the other). I would stand at the door to the garage & watch them work on it. Mother said I would say "Da Da Go Zoom" over & over. When it would be fired up everything shook (neighbors hated it though) & till this day I still love the sound & feel of heavy rolling thunderstorms. The house was part of a country club community so I'm pretty sure when we moved the neighbors threw a "Going Away Party" ! Funny we weren't invited though.......View attachment 94096

Sounds like it might have been around East Market Street around Golf Street . Welcome to the forum Howard. The car sat at the gas station at the Y at Larchmont & Elm Road its a convenient store now. I could have the timeline messed up a little when old age sets in it does things to the memory.:D

Mark

Mark

Sounds like it might have been around East Market Street around Golf Street . Welcome to the forum Howard. The car sat at the gas station at the Y at Larchmont & Elm Road its a convenient store now. I could have the timeline messed up a little when old age sets in it does things to the memory.:D

Mark

Mark

I haven't been to the house on the Club since I was about 3 yrs. old. My maternal grandma & I drove over to where my mother and her sister grew up on Homewood Ave (1st stop was at the Hot Dog Shoppe though). Also showed me where my paternal great grandfather's (Halsey Taylor) company used to be (that is how they paid for my father and Uncle Chip's funny cars habit :-).

I am familiar with Larchmont & Elm Road, it is just a short hop from the Sunrise Inn Pizza or again the Hot Dog Shoppe. The HDS was usually our main reason for driving from Collinwood (on the Cleveland - Euclid border), later Novelty (part of Russell in Geauga County), then Eastlake (Lake County) & now Munson (Part of Chardon in Geauga) all the way out to Warren. Now I'm hungry just typing about it.

I'm 54 now & find it odd how I can remember some things crystal clear and others are either vague or seem just out of reach (always when I need the info the most) ;-)

Thanks for the welcome & it is great chatting with you.

Regards,
Howard