A look at the past

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I remember that. Here's a few more pictures...

2 things...................my favorite drag race of all time.....Denny and Allen!! Both left at exactly the same time and you had to be standing on the finish line to see who won!!! Denny by .001!!!!!!!!

The Shockwave pickup..................that's Hayden's new race car!!!!:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl'Course Hayden isn't driving it..............his grandson Hayden is!!!! Hope to see it in action sometime next summer.

Race track is Norwalk, OH....Blue Suede Cruise!!!! Rode the Harley in with "She's Real Fine...my 409" blaring on the speakers!!!!!! That was an amazing weekend!!! Thanks Mike!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Norwalk was one of our first Big Getogethers after Phil put on the first National Convention in 2004 in Kansas City. What year was the Blue Suede Cruise, maybe 2005-6? Remember when a certain trailored Black 1963 Chevy pulled in just after dark with a newly installed transmission and everyone gathered around it while Bob Walker and others adjusted the linkage and the clutch?

James and I drove the SS car 1500 miles round trip from Missouri to Ohio and took her down the track a few times. We had a blast getting together with everyone. Thanks to Jim & Jim for letting us "camp out" in their trailer. Didn't we show videos (Two Lane Blacktop?) on the side of the trailer one evening? Had popcorn and everything. I remember gas was over $3 a gallon at some places. Can't wait to make new memories at Bowling Green KY in 2016 :).

Cheers!
TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for posting those pics Mike...:winner I think that event was 2007, I had just joined the fourm the year before. The coverage of that event really hooked me...:bow

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Missed this event myself. Didn't even know about it until it was over. Didn't even know about this web-site until I met Allen George & Bob Walla at Indy , ( a goodguys or superchevy, can't remember which) , in the summer of 2008 , the first year I ran the Chevy II.
The friendships that are made through this web-site absolutely amaze me.