a new New Yorker

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hello Everyone,my name is Jud and I am from long Island New York.I have owned a 61 Impala since 1975 . It has had 4 different engines since I owned it. persently it sports a 425 hp 409 and soon to get more HORSE POWER!!!!!

Attachments

• 61 impala.jpg
    61 impala.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 88

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Jud, That is one bad looking car. Fine machine. Lots of racers on this site. Would like to know more details about your car. :) :)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Welcome it is good to get another east coast person and more important another 61 in our madness:D :D :D
Robert

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Nice car Jud.:beerbang More power??? Are you thinking about stroking the 409?

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! A little info about my 61, 409 of course, Richmond 5 speed, one piece drive shaft, Danna 60, Ladder bar suspension with coil over shocks. this car was rotted and hit in the front when I recieved her,was my grand fathers car, I like to think that he is up above watching all the changes that it recieves. What is a STROKER??? HA HA HA!

Attachments

• 409.jpg
    409.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 88

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

Judson:

Welcome aboard the premier 348-409 web site!

Keep us posted on your high horse build with that new block, and let us know how it procedes. There's plenty of horsepower to go around the table with a lot of these guys, and everyone is willing to share their thoughts and opinions on how to go faster :).

Your Impala looks really nice, glad to know that you've saved it and that it remains "part of your family".

Cheers!
TomK

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Tom! looks like this is one of the better web sites. Some of the guys on the fishing web sites piss me off.Im looking foward to see how things go. You may not see me as much when striped bass season opens.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Striped bass season? Like the picture right?:deal
Okay, maybe not.:stooges :D

Attachments

• eupat_compjs.jpg
    eupat_compjs.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 57
  • tourettes_compjs.jpg
    tourettes_compjs.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 44

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
LIKE THIS PICTURE Jim

Attachments

• 2 fish.jpg
    2 fish.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 71

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
o9Jud, Welcome to the best darn site on the web...:brow Looks like Grandpaw would be happy. Keep us posted with your fishen...:roll :roll :roll

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Nice 61. Hope to see more pics. There is a thread going right now on One piece drive shafts. Want to chime in on how you did yours?

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
09Jud:

Welcome:beerbang

Great to see an other Long Islander on the site!

Nice car. I have never seen it at any local shows.

What town are you in?

I'm in West Islip.

Mike

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
09Jud:

Welcome:beerbang

Great to see an other Long Islander on the site!

Nice car. I have never seen it at any local shows.

What town are you in?

I'm in West Islip.

Mike

Hi Mike, The last car show i did was about 6 years ago.I was going to the hangouts for a while but had to stop using my car due to lack of funds. I am in the process of some changes to my car and hope to be done late spring. I am from the Babylon area , pehaps ill see you at Belmore or bald hill. See you soon JUD

LongIsland63SS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm right next to Babylon Village on the other side of 231 off of Montauk Highway.

The places I am a regular are OBI (Sunday morning), Kohls on Commack Road (Saturday night) and Oakdale (Thursday night).

Also want to check out Cedar Beach on Saturday night.

When the weather gets warmer we can hook up.

Mike

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm right next to Babylon Village on the other side of 231 off of Montauk Highway.

The places I am a regular are OBI (Sunday morning), Kohls on Commack Road (Saturday night) and Oakdale (Thursday night).

Also want to check out Cedar Beach on Saturday night.

When the weather gets warmer we can hook up.

Mike

Hey Mike I did the OBI and Kohls but I dont know about Okdale ,Give me the 411

09Jud

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Okdale Thursday Nite

Thanks Bob Ill have to check you guys out ,I think I may have met some of you club members already.