A texter did a job on my truck

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well 3 weeksago I was sitting at a stoplight waiting for the light to change.
Was in the the inside lane of a 5 lane intersection, the 5 lane or Center lane, is for folks turning left.
When BAM a iPhone texter nailed me in the rear end in my truck.
The truck was drive able after, but sure helped the I had a trailer hitch.
After the usual runaround with the Insurance company, they gave me the OK for the repair
I didn’t see (untrained eye) anything wrong after the asshole hit me, before I brought in to the bump shop, but boy was I wrong.
Luckily the policeman that gave the texter 2 tickets. One for texting and one for not having his truck under control.
With Michigan’s NO FAULT law I was sure I would have to pay, but with the tickets issued, it’s no cost for the me.
If you can say that with the time and effort I had to go through.
Not to mention the cost for the truck rental that isn’t covered in my insurance.
So, $2000 for the repair (covered) & $220 for my rental, my expense.
My 62 is at my son’s for some up-dates, anyway the 62 wouldn’t have been out in the snow in Michigan.

You don’t know how much I hate TEXTER.

Dave

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
With all this tech we have today you think they would have something to disable these phones when they are moving.It has got me a little uneasy about driving as Barry Taylor says i dodge one or two about every time i go somewhere.With the drugs, liquor and cell phones the highways are more dangerous than ever

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
James, living just north of Detroit and the design of exits & entering of the expressway in the State of Michigan, means you are usually 2 miles apart,
I’m used to the drivers that enter the expressway and go directly to the fast lane then go to the next exit with no regard of anyone else.
Believe that’s a procedure that city of Detroit drivers education, is required to know before one is issued a license. You don’t look ahead you look what’s happening on your sides.
You have to understand also driving on the expressway in the Detroit city limits in like driving in a ditch, as most of the expressway road surface is 15 or 20 feet lower then the rest of the city. Real life slot cars track. To top that off almost everyone is driving 20 over the posted speed limit.
I will say I am a 8 over driver.

Dave

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
What some one needs to do is make a signal jammer that would render these devices useless with in about 300 ft. of your vehicle.The liberals and the FCC would likely bitch if you got caught using one though.:tantrum
Don, I’m sure they could, as in Michigan after the 2nd DUI your vehicle must have a breathalyzer Device to start a vehicle. If you blow over .08 the vehicle will not start.
Dave