AACA Grand National Allentown July 24-25

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I show in the AACA and our premier event of the year is in Allentown PA at the NB Center this year. There are qualifications for entry and restricted to 700 for this event. The real SS 61 409 is qualified and I’ll enter. Tommy will hopefully enter one of his famous vehicles that are qualified.
I would hope some of our members from that area would stop by and visit.
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
At an AACA grand national meet you will see such autos as the first Chevrolet V8's (not1955 265's) to stanley steamers to early Cords and of course up to cars like Tommy Nolan's famous early muscle cars. The 348/409 members near the Allentown PA area should enjoy it as Bob, the entry price is right for spectators:D.
As a piece of useless trivia at the Banquet last year of the Hemmings Concours at Lake George I won the "award" of the featured auto speaker for knowing the year of the first Chevy V8:cool:. I actually had seen one of them at a previous Grand National event in Tennessee and never forgot it.
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
The car I saw was “built” as a 1918 with the V8 engine. That engine was somewhat very crude but nevertheless was a V8.
Robert