Acc codes 1963 Impala wagon

4spd409

Well Known Member
The car is a very nice blue 63 9 passenger wagon. 300hp 327 AC PS PB 4 speed Power seat. Fully restored and priced at $11,900. Sound a little fishy? Sent an email for more info, I'm sure I'll get a line of BS. Its on a site called Kloompy linked to Oodle marketplace.

blkss64

Well Known Member
Very nice car but one thing stands out to me. You could not have a 4spd transmission and a power seat together. Chevrolet never offered the power seat option with a floor mounted shifter. So was this truly a factory 4spd car and the seat was added or was it converted to the 4spd.

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Ok, according to the description in the ad, this car has a power seat which it is not coded for on the cowl tag. The factory options from the cowl tag are tinted glass, rear compartment lock, padded dash, air cond, 4-speed and comfort and convenience group. If it isn't an original 9-passenger wagon (1845 on the cowl tag), then the 3rd row seat and power tailgate window must have also been added later if this is 1835 on the cowl tag.

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Seems like a scam at that price to me but who knows? I got a buddy that was sending me links the other day about a beautiful 63 convertible for 12k and I had to tell him it's a scam and they probably want him to send a deposit then they disappear. He's the same guy the fell for a Russian on line and was wiring her money to get here and suddenly she got robbed and needed more money and couldn't get here unless he sent more $ but by then enough of us had stepped in to stop him.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Not a chance that car is 11k. If it really was I would buy it in a heartbeat. Has the OP got anynresponse from them ?

4spd409

Well Known Member
Just got a reply with answer that seems to be the standard for this scam. Was my husbands, I'm ill and must sell. Its at the shippers and it will be shipped which is included in the selling price. The deal is handled by the shipping company. I don't think I will follow this thing any further.