After market rockers.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
This is just a question about aftermarket rockers appearance.
Does the color of the aluminum or whatever they are made of rockers mean anything ?
In the photo’s shown here I’ve seen blue, gold, red and so on etc, etc.
Or is it just different manufactures ?
Different material ?
Just another stupid question.

Dave

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I don't think that the color has anything to do with it,Dave.I've seen cheep junk and hi-quality stuff,both the same color.If it's much cheaper in price than a name brand,be ware,especially if you cam/lifter set up requires more than 350 lbs.of pressure open.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Just an FYI. I purchased a set of Crane gold racing rockers and they were junk. I could not keep them adjusted and the fulcrums would lock up. I thought there was an issue with my valve train and went through everything and found nothing wrong. I talked with several engine builders including Jack Gibbs and the conclusion was the rockers were junk. On everyone's recommendation I purchased a set of Comp rockers and they worked perfectly. I contacted Summit Racing, who I bought the Cranes from, and they refunded all my money back. This is just an FYI

Paul

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I was replacing a set of Crane Gold that I had run on the car for 6 years. They were developing cracks so I was replacing them. As one of my engine builder friends said, a lot of the parts suppliers keep getting bought and sold until the quality of product suffers and this includes Crane. I can see that being true especially if manufacturing leaves our shores.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Someone I know with a mopar had crane golds for years and no issue with big spring pressure. Finally one broke (normal fatigue) so he replaced them with crane gold again. The new ones broke left and right with very little run time. Obviously something in manufacturing changed between the time he bought the old set and the new ones.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have run the gold crane no problems yet. :hide

I have a set of comp cam that I wanted use but the fulcrum is to wide for my comfort.
Would have went with bee-hive springs but didn't find any with the pressure I need.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Had the same problem with a nice set of Crowers I had, they were a bit wide for a fat 1.550 spring, Went with Scorpions, gave the Crowers to a friend for his BBC.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I took the crane's from my big block and will put he comp's on the big block. Win win. :)
So this is a question that always crossed my pea brain mind was the ratio of the rocker arm as to the amount of stress on the valve train.
Where do you trade off on the load between the rocker and the lifter?:rub