Ahat ins. co.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Actually, just cooperate. They normally give you a loaner car while it's out of service. Shouldn't impact your time if they pick it up. And find out exactly what they are "inspecting" you do not want them to disassemble the car because it may not get put back together correctly.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
He said they weren't going to take it apart they just want to look at it and probably see what the computer has to say Mike.

Mark

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Previous owner may have rolled the odometer back. Yo may want to know if this is so, then you can sue him.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Did the gal on the phone with the insurance company have nice tits? Isnt that whats really important?

Couldn't tell Wristy I'm getting old my eyesight's not like it was back when I was a young un but I can tell you one thing I bet she doesn't have any wax left in her phone listening ear after the complementary Roto Rooter job.:D

Mark

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just love you guys! LOL! :laugh2 To recap: You have a legitimate insurance company, lawyers, some judge and the local Sheriff's telling you this jeep may have information they need. Forget about the money, time and resources they have used to get to the point where they determine you aren't going to play along and must take steps to force your hand. In the classic car world I have worked with insurance companies, law enforcement and the courts and they don't like to waste time, money or resources anymore than you do. I understand that this has been a process for you but if you would decide to destroy the jeep or tamper with it in any way, you could then be in trouble yourself. Sounds like its a state issue currently but tamper with this jeep which is covered under federal law of "Interstate Commerce" and you could have U.S. Marshals at your door. If this is really an issue dealing with them then you need a lawyer to handle all contacts from them, all contacts. You need to walk away from the situation before you drag yourself into a rabbit hole. To protect yourself from becoming a situation within an on going situation which already has a legal element involved. Good luck and god speed. :D

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
They wouldn't be pushing me around if I was a politician I betcha its the big dog little dog scenario. How about I tell them I'll sell it back to them for what I payed for it wouldn't that be classified as cooperating with them?

Mark

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It's all fine and well recommending to hire an attorney but who's going to pay for his/her time? Talk is cheap but not to an attorney.:facepalm
Some people need to hire help. Doesn't matter what the service is. Plumber, electrician, carpenter, lawyer, mechanic. Its not "cheap" but will keep you from hitting your hand on your head over and over. LOL! I feel for Mark, dealing with this can be a pain but protecting one's self is why you all carry insurance too. You guys do carry insurance right? :poke