Air Cars

Hi Im new to this site my name is Mike and I own a 62 Impala . Is there anyone who knows if there were codes on a 62 Impala that showed it was a air car? Thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The white 1962 Impala SS 327 -700R4 (transmission) was my car for a number of years until December of 2019.
It was replaced by a Nassau Blue 1962 Impala SS 409 Convertible frame off restoration.
Paul

Yes the black 4sp car is sold . It went to California. The white car Has been treated to all new tinted glass, all new Ciadella interior. New dash pads as well as new grab bar. New correct repo coker tires stock wheels and NOS hubcaps. Complete new Shafer exhaust . Also going through fixing all tranny leaks as well as others. Complete rebuild of all suspension components. New door handles and compete new tail panel and coves. Eventually car will get blown apart for body and paint. Just trying to make it a really nice drive. Also my other car is a hotrod so didn't post that. Thanks

The white 1962 Impala SS 327 -700R4 (transmission) was my car for a number of years until December of 2019.
It was replaced by a Nassau Blue 1962 Impala SS 409 Convertible frame off restoration.
Paul
Paul you have the date wrong no big deal, but you sold it to my brother fall of 18 , I have owned it since July of 2019

Junky

Well Known Member
The answer to your question is yes, there is a code on the data plate for an A/C car, because Fisher Body had to make sure to install the correct cowl parts to accept the air conditioning. I don't know the code, and I doubt that anyone is going to give it out, since every time that a code becomes known, it makes it easier for the counterfeiters to hone their skills of building another counterfeit car. This is just one of the ways that the people that have fully researched these cars for years can tell the counterfeit from the real thing.