air pressure in bags...... opinions

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Been playing around with air pressure in my AirRide system on the 64 to see if I can get the optimum road feel. I am at 100 in the front and 55 in the rear but she feels kinda soft. I know others have installed these systems and wondered what you have been running for pressure in these heavy cars. Be interested to hear from those with more experience that I have with these systems.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sounds about right for most cars. But your pressure is what it needs to be to attain your desired ride height. You need to set the alignment at the desired ride height. On my 68 Riviera I use to ride with those same numbers, front was very heavy, and my 1954 pick up I run 95 front and 60 rear, but then again that is where my "aligned" height is. Size of your bags will effect this also.

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
I think the '59 SDL that I put on air runs a little over 100 in the front and about that in the rear. It's been a couple years since it's been on the road, though, so I don't remember the pressures for sure. The rear air springs were, however, replaced with smaller diameter Slam Specialties airbags due to exhaust clearance requirements.