CANCELLED ALLEN GEORGE MEMORIAL SHOOT OUT. Hagerstown, MD June 26, 2021

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
THIS 409 EVENT SCHEDULED FOR HAGERSTOWN HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE STYLE OF THE EVENT AND THE LACK OF 409 PARTICIPANTS.
5-21-2021

This race will be a fitting memory to our friend Allen George and his car "The Blue Screamer"
Gary Gore of Mason Dixon would really like to have a good turnout of "W" engine cars. Carl Buck will be the leader in contact with Gary. Todate we haven't had a very good response. We all have a good time at the Rocking Chair Nationals and I'm sure we will again. The following is a roster of the racers coming to date:

Two very special trophys for this event!

ROSTER FOR THE NEW ALLEN GEORGE MEMORIAL 409 SHOOT OUT.
The Rocking Chair Nationals.

1. Carl Buck, 1962 Belair
2. Mark and Mike Steele, 1962 Biscayne

Show cars
1. Robert Street. 61 Impala convertable

CONCERN:
To date, we have had a very poor sign up for this event. It now is going to be in memory of our famous driver and friend Allen George! It's special for me because the last time I hung out in Allen's trailer was at Hagerstown. Gary Gore, the track owner really wants 16 cars and we should have that easy. We have always had a good turnout and a good time at this Rocking Chair Nationals event. I urge you to sign up so we can make plans and Gary Gore can make the individual event placques. Lets have a good turn out. You can contact me at 716-397-7963, on the Forum, or on my FaceBook, or on All American 409 Drag Racing if you have any questions. THANKS

Last edited:

Mark Steele

Well Known Member
Response to DynoRay: Things are looking pretty discouraging for this race.
1. It's very hard to contact Gary Gore.
2. Some members don't care for the format - not enough passes and a far trip for many.
3. You can see only 2 race cars are signed up.
4. I think this race will be cancelled soon. I was working on replacing it with another race track location, but it seems our racers aren't moving very far, so I think this race will be put on the shelf. I hate to do it. This race is on the outside fringe of many of our racers, so it takes a lot of work for someone regional to the track to work with regional drivers to promote those races. Al Loy used to do a great job running this race in the past.