Sad News :( Allen George

Steven Morgan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I started going to Bowling Green many years ago before there was a 348-409 Eliminator just to watch the few 409's run. When I finally got one Allen was the first racer to help me with little things I could do to improve my car. At the first 409 Eliminator Allen and I both got to the semi-finals and Allen went on to win the race. He was as humble in winning as he was in life, a real gentleman, both of which are uncommon today. I will miss him, RIP

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
A couple of details I forgot to point out. The decals are 5" wide by 3" high, printed on vinyl. Anybody that wishes to have them, please send me a PM.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Steven, there is no " start a conversation" on your profile, to PM you . I'm not sure how to contact you.
I'll take 2 for $10.00 each, also.

Last edited:

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'll take two and send you $20.00 bucks if you can drop them in an envelope. PM on where to send the funds - Thx Dennis Jackson

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Steve , I will also take two for $20... Thanks Mike N. PM me your address< I'll get a check out...

vale427

Thank you for all of the kind things you said about Allen. The George Family and I cherish and appreciate it -- and we learned a few new things about Allen.
He was not alone when he died. Most of Allen's sisters were at his bedside.
Several racers came to the viewing/funeral from the East Coast and continued to fill in the blanks, one of them giving his sister Nancy this site.
Yes, Phil and Candi Reed, I remember you and the convention in Kansas. We both had a great time and it is near the top of my favorite road trips list.
Judith Vale (George)

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
STEVE , I will take 2 decals .Please send me your address and I will send a check for $20.00
Butch Keegan
157 Mount Sinai- Coram Road
Coram , New York

THANX
Butch

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
I just wanted to update the group. We have sold almost 200 decals to date (over 100 went to Allen's family). We are making a donation of $631 to the local 4H club in his memory. I do have some decals left if anyone is interested. Also, one of his sister's has been keeping in touch with me. They had an auction this past Friday for his farm equipment. They are looking to do an auction soon for his cars and parts. I will keep everyone posted on that date. The family's phone company is doing a 110th anniversary celebration on Saturday the 22nd. His sister said they will be displaying several of his cars at that event. It is open to the public if anyone is interested. 11am-4pm.

Attachments

• 41529175_10160942952530014_4212496317529718784_o.jpg
    41529175_10160942952530014_4212496317529718784_o.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 28