Sad News :( Allen George

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I just got off the phone with Carl Bucks. He got word that Allen Passed away this morning. I have no other details as to the cause or arrangements but will post additional information here as it is available.

Carl was telling me Allen visited his shop as recently as Sunday and had the Wally from Atco with him. He was really excited about that win.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Unbelieveable.
Allen and Judy were in the restaurant at the 2014 Convention and Candy and I spent a couple hours just.visiting with them. Then Judy came and worked in the tent helping us with selling t-shirts.
Just devastated about this news. Prayers to Allen's family and to Judy.
RIP Allen and be sure to take your Wally with you!!!!

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So sad to here this news. Had many good times with Allen in the East Penn Late Great Chevy club and the Late Great Conventions. He was the best, always had time to chat and give his best advise when asked. He had a barn full of 62's on the farm and never did get to finish the Red 62 Bubble Top he had in the company garage . He will be missed by all. Dick , can you ask Carl when and where the service for Allen will be, and let me know if you find out. Thanks, Mike

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Yes, a terrible day. Allen was divorced for many years, and never had any children. His nephew is his closest family. Yes, he was doing what he loved right up to the end. He was at the national event in Virginia this past weekend racing his Camaro in the 8.50's. We will pass along service details as soon as we know anything. I think Mason Dixon event should be the Allen George Jr. memorial race. He raced 409's since the sixties. RIP Professor Allen