Sad News :( Allen George

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
........very sad news indeed........R.I.P. Allen.........thanx for the memories.......:cool:

wristpin

Well Known Member
I never met Allen but with how much he was admired by the men here he must have been an Admirable Gentleman and a Hell of a Racer. My condolences to his friends here and his family. RIP Allen

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I met Allen at Great Bend and at Bowling Green. He had a blue 62 and I do also so felt we liked the same 62.
Sad news, thinking of Allen......and missing seeing him again.
Paul

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
RIP good friend,he was the best! enjoyed racing with him always,never got to see him race the COPO s though and kick myself for not going to see that. we had some real fun times. there was this one time he had a table set up at Norwalk with 409 parts,and we were joking around calling it the 348/409 seminar! he really knew the W engine and could quote alot of part numbers at the drop of a hat. he will be missed.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Man, bad news there. Always liked Allen, and he had a story for everything. Prayers for his family.

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Allen was a great guy, only got to speak with him over the phone a few times. Very thankful for the knowledge that was shared with me. God Speed Allen, you will be greatly missed by many.

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Allen M.M. “Sonny” George, Jr., 77, of North Whitehall Township, died Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest. Born in Ballietsville, May 27, 1941, Allen was the son of the late Allen M.M. and Ethel M. (Schneck) George. He faithfully and honorably served his country in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War era. Allen was President and co-owner of the Ironton Telephone Co. and a lifelong “gentleman farmer”. During his youth, he was an active 4-H member. Over the last few weeks, he planted 200 acres of crops. Having a love of the outdoors, Allen enjoyed hunting and snowmobiling. His greatest passion in life was drag racing. He recently won Drag Racing’s most prestigious trophy, The NHRA Wally Award and was inducted into the Drag Racing Hall of Fame in North Carolina. Allen was an executive member of the East Penn Late Great Chevy Club and past President of MANDRA.
Survivors: Sisters, Dorothy A. George of Slatington, Patricia L. Stewart (Richard) of Coplay, Rose Marie Beck of Schnecksville, Nancy J. Werner (Alfred) of East Greenville, Roberta F. George (Kevin Brey) of Pennsburg, Sonia E. Fink (David) of Germansville, Carolyn M. George of Schnecksville; ten nephews; one niece; predeceased by a brother, William D. George II.
Service: Funeral services will be held 10:30 am. Monday, June 18, 2018 in the Heintzelman Funeral Home, Inc., 4906 Route 309, Schnecksville with Pastor Karen A. Yonney officiating. Family and friends may pay their respects from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Sunday and 9:30 – 10:30 am. Monday in the funeral home. Interment will follow the service at Union Church Cemetery, Neffs. Online expressions of sympathy may be recorded at www.heintzelmancares.com.
Contributions: In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association and/or the Lehigh County 4-H Endowment Fund both in care of the funeral home, P.O. Box # 196, Schnecksville, PA 18078-0196.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tons of them Don.

Allen receiving congratulations & prize money from Hayden Proffitt for Runner up performance at the 2014 National 348-409 Convention at Grand Bend KS.

35330174_10215569978579695_212583980455690240_o.jpg

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
RIP good friend,he was the best! enjoyed racing with him always,never got to see him race the COPO s though and kick myself for not going to see that. we had some real fun times. there was this one time he had a table set up at Norwalk with 409 parts,and we were joking around calling it the 348/409 seminar! he really knew the W engine and could quote alot of part numbers at the drop of a hat. he will be missed.

picture here is Allen i pretty sure at Thompson Dragway. its in a special edition of Super Chevy 2012.20180614_222445.jpg