Almost Roadworthy

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Beautiful Len, good call. Hope you don't mind me adding the pics, what colour is that? Don

Belairpics036_zpsbbebaee0.jpg

Len Jessome

Well Known Member
Its porch paint,,, i mean porshe,, light beige. Thanks Don, could not let it go even being just a driver

Len Jessome

Well Known Member
Remember long summer rides in my fathers 65 impala ss convertible, i was about 7 years old and did not understand him selling it to buy a new home and begged him not to. Guess you could say it was a 65 that caused me to bitten by the old car bug ,very nice car you have.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Len, I don't know which car really got me going. There were so many that to say one particular would probably not be right. I remember during the late 70's I really got into the Impalas. My brother had a 61 with a 4spd, black. I really like 60, 61, 62, and 65's. I have had 3 other 65's. I still want a 61 and 62. However now getting a little older, I will probably just keep what I have, but I've said that before. However I actually believe it now. Besides it's going to take me forever to pay off this motor build.

Len Jessome

Well Known Member
A few years back i cloned a very nice 66 biscayne into a l72 car, my wife said if its the car of your dreams "spare no expense" so i built a very nice car,396 375, t10 , 12 bolt , then there was the pitter patter of 8 little boots and along came 2 bubble tops. Yes she is still with me , point is your never too old to live. The next time the suns out and your cruising that beautiful hot rod try and remember "This is Living" !!!

With the economy in terrible shape here and not a decent paycheck in almost 2 years i would rather give up a kidney than one of my cars,, by the way , i may very well have to lol.

Back to my father, he went through a period when i was still quite young he purchased crysler products. I encouraged therapy but he resisted. Fast forward to this year. For real , 2 crack heads stopped him in the middle of the street, one was in his underwear and beat the heck out of his car with a baseball bat. I am guessing they were both tuned right up on crystal meth. I am struggling as i am doing my best to forgive these idiots for their sins, I mean, after all dad was driving a korean built chevy epica !

I look at your avitar and am quite certain "Not one plug nickle was wasted ''.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry to hear about your dad, you are a better person than me. I am not sure I would forgive certain things. I will admit that there is always a possibility that another car could come into my life. However I am thinking of giving my Harley to my brother in law because of my back, and to be frank, my wife became paralyzed about 10 years ago. So work and her take all my time and then some. And as much as it takes, I will never abandon her, the car can go. She has been a great wife for 30 years and I would not trade her for all the healthy ones. That is probably why I will just keep this one. Probably wouldn't have the time even if it was given to me. Luckily I still have a good job :)

Len Jessome

Well Known Member
These days i run into alot of characters and usually its the all about them attitude, you are a good man. My wife says " How nice is that ". Generation x wouldnt have the slightest clue and 99% would bail in a heart beat.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The funny thing about that Len is that when it first happened, I kept hearing what a great guy I was from doctors, nurses, friends, and strangers, and I could not figure it out??? Then someone told me that around 85% of all wives and husbands leave their spouse when this happens. It never crossed my mind, so I was seriously confused. When it first happened, my wife spoke with me and said she wanted me to leave. She said she wanted me to have a better life than what was going to happen. So I told her, ok, let's have this discussion. I asked her if she was ready? She said yes. I said ok, here it is. The answer is NO! DONT EVER BRING IT UP AGAIN! Not even a choice for me. And yes it can be very hard. And I do expect that I may go bankrupt one day from this. I have even been told to divorce her on paper to avoid bankruptcy. I rather be broke. I will not do it. Luckily, I work in a hospital ( no I am not a doctor ) however I am very well versed on medicine, wound care, physical therapy, etc., because I taught myself when it happened. Plus I have been very lucky that some doctors have done me some favors. Tell your wife thanks for the compliment. Some people will never get to know what it really means to love someone, and more importantly, trust someone completely with their life. Both me and my wife have that trust basically since we met. I feel sorry for those that don't have that.

Jeff

Len Jessome

Well Known Member
That is a true love story Jeff, as i read aloud your words have brought tears to Lindas eyes. You are both obviously an amazing couple . Thank you for sending us your thoughts. Time is short this evening so i must cut this message short, there will be more to follow. You are the type of man hords of me people could stand to learn from, myself included. Please give your wife our best regards, Sounds like you found an incredible lady . I also have been quite blessed with a wonderful girl.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I appreciate it, however we are just 2 people. I am not a saint. I get tired, frustrated, and depressed at times. And I became disabled when she did basically because it does change your life. The true person that deserves all the credit is her for being her and a great wife. It is her personality and love that makes me even half the person I am. Because I can be a real jerk to those that cross me. But she has always been on a pedestal, and hands off, but that is because of who she is. As a matter of fact, she made me buy this current car. I passed on it 2 months prior and said no because of the price and condition. So I appreciate it, however the credit goes to her. Without her there is no us. I think this conversation somehow got off Len having a great car.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I appreciate it, however we are just 2 people. I am not a saint. I get tired, frustrated, and depressed at times. And I became disabled when she did basically because it does change your life. The true person that deserves all the credit is her for being her and a great wife. It is her personality and love that makes me even half the person I am. Because I can be a real jerk to those that cross me. But she has always been on a pedestal, and hands off, but that is because of who she is. As a matter of fact, she made me buy this current car. I passed on it 2 months prior and said no because of the price and condition. So I appreciate it, however the credit goes to her. Without her there is no us. I think this conversation somehow got off Len having a great car.

Yeah !!! The good ones can sometimes do that to us !!:love
:crazy:dance:cheers

Len Jessome

Well Known Member

How are you doing Jeff ? Have you had a chance to cruise that beautiful car with the roof down ? I am guessing this is something your wife really enjoys as well. Only a few thousand for parts and i am off to my next project, another 62 bubble top, this one gets the 409 4 speed and posi. Collecting has been slow as funds permit me to do so. I have yet to collect the cam pushrods lifter set gaskets and a distrubuter and carbs paint materials and a seat cover and carpet set. Collecting all the correct parts is expensive and time consuming but thankfully these treasure hunts are something Linda and i both enjoy together, we have put alot of time miles resources into this car and like yourself , after this i can not see taking another project car on.
Will be the most recent avitar choice.
My choice of 409 stuff was factory crank, eagle i beam rods, je pistons, edelbrock heads, crane hydrolic roller cam roller lifters stock 2x4 witers intake, 2 edelbrock avs carbs , 9.6 to one compression for pump gas.

What did you have done during the engine build to make that kind of HP ?

Len