Almost Roadworthy

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Len, I was afraid someone would eventually see those numbers and see it as horsepower as that is the normal way to post it. It's 476 cubic inches. At least according to my math, and using the formula: Bore x Bore x Stroke, x .7854, x 8 cyl. = 476 The bore is .040 over, and the stroke is 4.0. As for the HP numbers, with dual quads it would be there most likely. Didn't think it was necessary to dyno it, however similar to mine I am told are basically there. I guess I should do it, however I can tell you I have dyno'd Harley motors, and although I have never had one scatter on me, there is a reason you sign a release form before your dyno. And even if I did, I want a few miles on mine before I do it. I am talking full pull dyno runs for power, not dyno tuning.

Jeff

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Also I mentioned on another thread that I got a ticket for 92 mph in a 65, both the car and the posted limit that I thought was going to cost me $479. Well I found out today that I have to appear in court and that amount doesn't apply to me because of the speed. As near as I can tell at this time, it can be up to $879, however I think the judge can do what ever he wants. I blame Jack Gibbs. He built the motor for me. I told him I didn't need that much power, it would just go to my foot :crazy There goes my new valve covers :cry

Jeff

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Only if you want to be accused of being a Democrat [blaming ohers for your own actions]:eek:laugh:deal

Don, you mean if I used the old Flip Wilson saying to the officer "the devil made me do it" that it won't work???
Think I can get off with no ticket if the officer is a Democrat?

Just having some fun here - not trying to start anything....................

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Only if you want to be accused of being a Democrat [blaming ohers for your own actions]:eek:laugh:deal

Don, you mean if I used the old Flip Wilson saying to the officer "the devil made me do it" that it won't work???
Think I can get off with no ticket if the officer is a Democrat?

Just having some fun here - not trying to start anything....................

Len Jessome

Well Known Member
Gee wiz Jeff, all these wise cracks at your expense, perhaps you could let em take their best shot and charge them a dollar each , better yet thats great advertising for your engine builder, id be tempted to ask him for half. :doh

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, Len, I can tell you this. I have a had a few tickets in my time. I never argue, I just tell the officer your right there is no excuse, ( and I never offer one ) if I wasn't speeding you would not have pulled me over, as I did in this case. I usually just pay the fine, and go to traffic school. Life goes on. However, apparently someone changed the rules and forgot to tell me. I think they want me to fund the whole county, and Obutthead Care. Maybe I should look at it as a double ticket. I usually get one about every 8 years. And it was just about 2 months ago that I was pulled over by an undercover cop. He was doing 80 in a 65, and holding up traffic. So I went around him. Man was he mad. He had his hand on his gun and was yelling at me about passing him and accelerating at 87 mph. He really didn't like when I kept agreeing with him. However he let me go. So, even though that was in my commute car, I still blame Jack for that one too. You really have to watch them engine builders, they can get you in all kinds of trouble. :cool:

Jeff

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Come on Jack, defend yourself!!! Have all of these victims send you the tickets and post them on your wall!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Gee wiz Jeff, all these wise cracks at your expense, perhaps you could let em take their best shot and charge them a dollar each , better yet thats great advertising for your engine builder, id be tempted to ask him for half. :doh

Jeff, I did not mean for my remarks to sound like I was making a "wise crack at your expense" or taking a shot toward you. I too have had a few tickets, all in my younger days, so I can simpathize with your situation.

I apologize if my remarks were out of line.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Clyde, honestly never crossed my mind that way. Nothing to worry about here. I own up to my, lets say indiscrestions. I was in fact speeding. The officer was just doing his job. He just didn't need to do his job so well :bang

Jeff