altenator

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I would like to install an solid state altenator ( built in regulator) in my 64 Biscaye. Anyone know how the wiring is installed?

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You just need to run a wire from the alternator to the positive post on your battery. If you are running an amp gauge, it won't work. You can run that said wire through a volt gauge and you will get true alt. volts. Volt gauges are much better, amp gauges have been known to burn up. I'm saying all this presuming that you have a one wire alternator. If not it gets alittle more complicated.:) Roy

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
As of now I have an Alt. with the standard box regulator (67 amp) Not enought to run my flash light. If I go with a built in reg. , I can use a 140 amp . I can weld the body panels with that one.
I guess I need to know how to eliminate the external regulation.

I

IgnitionMan

Once again, the e/mail program is not user friendly on attaching jpegs directly to mail, have to jump through hoops and such, so I'd send you a picture diagram if I had a real world e/mail address. Nice picture, too.

You could e/mail me at sparkman451@earthlink.net, and I could easily send the info to you, though. That'd work!