Altered wheel base '62 gasser

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That is a money pit right there. If anyone is serious I can go and take a look at it.
Hey Tom, don't be talkn' to those mopar guys at the machine shop :no :D

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There is another thread on this car too. Would be interesting to know the history of it. I'd like to have those headers for my 61. I'll be better off with the Jardine 2" though.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I went and looked at that piece of Crap about a month ago. Only parts good on it are the paint dividers and the engine. When I looked, he wanted $15,000. Engine is just slapped together, no telling what is inside. Everything under and inside and the body is rusted, bent, welded or just plain wrong.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Leo.....................you know better than that!!!! BelAirs did not have a trunk panel insert!!!!!

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Phil, My point was that the trim piece was in about the same crappy over priced condition as the car. That trim is listed as a "SS" piece but has no swirl marks. :scratch Leo

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
He still has it but is still selling it last I talked to him. As for the 62 AWB. I have lived in the same town here for most of my 57 years. I recall late 60's early 70s a car which may possibly be this one..at a Shell service station. This one according to the ad is from a town right up the road from me. I really think this is the same car .

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Somebody ought to buy both the 61 and 62 and then match race them together!!!! Put a blown 348 in the 61 and a 2x4 409 in the 62 and start booking races!!!!