Aluminum 690s from Lamar?

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I was reading the Lamar Walden article in the new Chevy Rumble magazine and noticed a pair aluminum 690 heads pictured. Has anyone heard anything about these? Are these the ones that Rich was working on? Are they available?
Ross

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
i don't blame him...

:dunno

I would bet those are Rich`s heads.
Seems Lamar is holding things up a bit.
Don`t know why , but when they do come on the market look out !!!
Should be one heck of a head !!!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:dunno

I would bet those are Rich`s heads.
Seems Lamar is holding things up a bit.
Don`t know why , but when they do come on the market look out !!!
Should be one heck of a head !!!

I talked to Rich in April at the Portland Swap Meet. He said Lamar was holding things up and if Lamar didn't get with the program:doh Rich said he was going to bag the hole deal...:scratch

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I talked to Rich in April at the Portland Swap Meet. He said Lamar was holding things up and if Lamar didn't get with the program:doh Rich said he was going to bag the hole deal...:scratch

I believe those are the ones from Rich !!!
I got an email about them and will be contacting Rich shortly.

Rich said Lamar wouldn`t put them out until they were top quality,
Rumor has it Phil has a set or has seen them,,,

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was reading the Lamar Walden article in the new Chevy Rumble magazine and noticed a pair aluminum 690 heads pictured. Has anyone heard anything about these? Are these the ones that Rich was working on? Are they available?
Ross

Whats the big deal with these Lamar Walden heads :dunno They cost allot of money :deal and nobody can seem to be able to buy any :dunno IMO

If you want to save yourself some time and money :dunno :deal .Buy your heads from club member Region Rat IMO

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just got off the phone with Rich.

YES,, those ARE his heads !!!!
The heads are done and tested and ready to go into production !!!!:clap

All good news !!
The new manifold should be out in no time also !!!

THIS IS WHAT I`VE BEEN WAITING FOR and I`m sure a bunch of you have also !!!
As said Lamar just wanted to make sure that everything is top notch.
He also had a problem with a foot ailment that put him behind a bit ,, but the good news is there are done !!

These heads will perform like nothing else out there !!! HEH HEH HEH !!!!

I seen how much work Rich has done to make sure the castings are spot on and the very best quality that can be !
Even the ones on his bench all along have been pieces of art,,

BOLT ON PERFORMANCE !!!!!!!

And with the new manifold our 09 will fly faster then ever !!!!!

Just think,,, take the engine you now have,, add a set of Rich`s heads and then the intake and see 1/4 times like you just did some increadible magic to your engine !!!

O boy o boy,,

Anyone looking for a stock set of 690`s???

What is the article like?
How big and how many pictures?
Is it front cover?

PS,,, Jim, those Lamar heads you are talking about are the Z11 heads,
These new heads should be priced to sell !!!

Dang it you guys with the subscriptions don`t have to wait,,,:beerbang

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Anyone looking for a stock set of 690`s???

With all that great performance Lamar's heads are going to put out those 690s won't be worth scrap value. I'll give ya a hunnert dollars and you pay shipping. Send 'em C.O.D.

:roll

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
so we go from 690's to........ Rich's heads, Region Rat's heads, and now Edelbrock heads....... I don't think there's enough customers for 3 manufacturers is there???????:dunno
It probably won't happen but I hope the little guy wins...........:beerbang

.............. and when Dick's garage is full of old cast iron you can send me the 690's

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
so we go from 690's to........ Rich's heads, Region Rat's heads, and now Edelbrock heads....... I don't think there's enough customers for 3 manufacturers is there???????:dunno
It probably won't happen but I hope the little guy wins...........:beerbang

.............. and when Dick's garage is full of old cast iron you can send me the 690's
I think what you will see is the race guys and performance guys going for Richs and Bobs heads and when and if Edelbrock (I hope they don`t) comes out with thier heads those will go to the street guys.
The iron heads will still be wanted by the number guys.

IMO,,, Edelbrock when and if ,,will make a direct copy of the 690,, no big deal, no real improvments.
BUT,, I`m also for the little guy,,,

oil4kids

Well Known Member
grapevine has it that ...............

Lamar was going to do a signature series 409 head with Edelbrock, a 690 design with Lamar design improvements

WILL SOMEONE RELOCATE THE DAM SPARKPLUG LOCATION OVER THE WEDGE COMBUSTION CHAMBER!!!! AND ANGLE THE VALVES LIKE A BBC

so Bob W. where are those alloy blocks??? with all these heads floating around we are going to need new blocks

jr.W

Well Known Member
This may be a stupid ? but why would it be any more costly to make a Z11 head
than a 690 head? You still have to go through all the same steps to make one
and with the Z11 head you would be starting with the better design. Just a thought.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
grapevine has it that ...............

Lamar was going to do a signature series 409 head with Edelbrock, a 690 design with Lamar design improvements

Geezzz, you do have connections!!!:roll
The real story should be told by someone other then me,,,,

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ronnie

:nono1: Not the "real story", just the "rest of the story". And quoting Paul Harvey kinda dates ya.:roll .
Ray

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Not the "real story", just the "rest of incomplete story".

but look at next months Super Chevy mag:takethat

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Or the December 2007 issue of Chevy Rumble. A five page article entitled "New-Age 409 Engine Tricks with Lamar Walden".