Aluminum heads and blocks

MAN, to have seen Wild Bill do that:bow :bow :bow

Why does EVERYTHING happen out east ?:bang

Oh.... Mr. Burge... can you post a full size version of that photo ? !

hogmotors

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Head flow/ Al head cost

We might ask Tony Shaffer what he's found on flow. I'd guess that he's had as much expirence as anyone.
I think that you'll find Lamar's heads MUCH more than the $5900+ by the time they are done, NOT including the manifold.
Personally, I'd be @ the front of the line for 4-5grand. Of course I don't currently have a street car.
I'm with Skip, Very Reasonable.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We should have a set of Bob's aluminum heads on the 55 pretty soon. They're really close to being ready. We've also ordered a new cam. So I can't wait to see how it does in the spring. Maybe those lighter heads will just enough to get the front wheels off the ground.:D

Attachments

• 1234web.jpg
    1234web.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 56

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i'll post it for "Wild Bill"

wildbill640x480.jpg

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
here's "Wild Bill" at norwalk '05 with my red 63. I let him drive it, and i took him for a hellride down the 1/4

MVC-010F.jpg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Priorities!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob:

Forget pictures of Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............pictures of Bill's car are great BUT..............post the one with Linda Vaughn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap :clap :roll :roll

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
head flow numbers

with all this talk of these new head flow numbers as well as the 690/583 heads,what intake is supposed to be used to get this flow on an engine? the flow bench sure shows great numbers,but we have no intake to compliment this? what is the general feeling here.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yeah, a new intake would be great. I think Bob and Rich are probably working on it. I built a tunnel ram, and before that I smoothed out the worst corners from the factory dual quad. They say 1" open spacers help the factory dual quad too. I've never tried it but I think Aubrey might have mentioned this idea... You could weld a little extra aluminum to the top of an Offy dual quad intake. Then port it to the big port size. I could see that working pretty well. Some of the racers, like Allen in Bluescreamer have altered the factory dual quad so that it actually becomes a single plane manifold. It works great and you've got to look pretty hard to notice that it's been modified. I think the manifold that Lamar sells only fits Z-11 style raised port heads.:scratch
I guess a good Victor Jr style single plane intake would be a nice thing to see or maybe a Performer RPM air gap style setup. Or maybe a nice new dual quad setup that could be run on the street would be great. I think a single plane intake might be the easiest to cast. :scratch

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey, Guys. Sorry for being absent. Got flow #'s last week. Exhaust was pretty decent.225@700.
Intake came out close to what we wanted.
91@100
148@200
211@300
267@400
28@500
300@600
305@700
307@800
309@900
These were at 28"of vacuum.
Air moved through rather quietly, which should mean very little turbulance. Should haelp go over 600 HP without too much trouble. Tell me what you think. Thanks for your patiance. Region Rat

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I made arrangements to be able to supply us with Manley's entire product line @ reasonable prices. Contact me if you need valves or rods or any of their line. special Forums discounts.Also working on MSD.
Patterns for the block might be done in a couple months. Already started working on a single plane intake, but will cost a bunch to finish. Want to make an air-gap style.
# sets of heads are mostly done, waiting now for seats. They will be 3/8 tall and interlocking, another extra step, but makes for
a better head.
More cores are on order and soon as they come in a much larger batch of heads will be cast. Once I have some sitting on the shelf I'll post info on deposits and give a delivery date.Hang in there. Region Rat

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
with all this talk of these new head flow numbers as well as the 690/583 heads,what intake is supposed to be used to get this flow on an engine? the flow bench sure shows great numbers,but we have no intake to compliment this? what is the general feeling here.

The intake that Rich is building should be completed VERY soon !!!:clap
It will be just what everyone is hoping it will be.

It will compliment his heads and will work with all the stock HP heads and can be used as a single or dual carb manifold !!!
OR,,, you can change the top carb plate to accept any number of carb configurations you want !!!:brow

STAY TUNED !!!! ,,dq

Thirdyfivepickup

Supporting Member 1
I made arrangements to be able to supply us with Manley's entire product line @ reasonable prices. Contact me if you need valves or rods or any of their line. special Forums discounts.Also working on MSD.

If I can be of any help on this, please let me know. I'm just minutes away from you with $20,000,000 worth of performance parts. :)

oil4kids

Well Known Member
ordered a set of z11 heads from Lamar....................over a year ago and still waiting for delivery