Aluminum Rear Bumper Project

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Out of curiosity, what do you use to sand down the mold with, ? power sanders, the stuff your using looks like the All Metal we use. My dad use to say"curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back". I admire your adventure into making things, thanks for sharing. cash

bobs409

Administrator
A bad day tig welding air cleaner parts. Could not keep the tungsten out of the puddle. Can't see with my glasses on or off. So, I used up another 1 1/2 gallons of filler casting the other bumper end. View attachment 82126View attachment 82127Now to prep the center for casting and order more filler.

You could sell that version too. Some guys have so much bondo in their cars, a little more wouldn't matter. :roll :laugh2

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Out of curiosity, what do you use to sand down the mold with, ? power sanders, the stuff your using looks like the All Metal we use. My dad use to say"curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back". I admire your adventure into making things, thanks for sharing. cash
The mold is an old bumper core. I stripped the rust with the acid etch, from Home Depot. Bob had mentioned at one time. Help me out with the name Bob. Then a quick hand sanding, a little filler, prime and paint. The casting material is fiberglass body filler.