AM Radio with reverb!!!!

58impala

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
Some of you "Old Timers" may remember in the early 60's a reverb that attached to the rear radio speaker and provided a delay in the signal that created a concert hall effect. Pretty neat little device for an AM radio. I didn't own one back then, didn't have the money, but some of my buddies did and I always thought they sounded great.

Does anyone know if these are still available either new or used?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I hadn't thought of those things in years. No I haven't seen one for sale either but I am sure someone out there will find where there is one. I agree they had a great sound back then listening to "cousin Brucie" up in WABC. The was a great am station in Wheeling WVA. but I don't remember the call letters. However the Bose system in my Yukon is nice by today's stock systems. You have me thinking if I can find one in my pile of leftover junk(I had one in my 64 Impala) what an fm would sound like with it

bobs409

Administrator
They go for big bucks on ebay when you see them. You probably won't be able to afford one now either. :p :roll

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Reverb

Jim, and or all..I have one in my 62SS. Made by Motorola. They made them and in the F%%% products you could get one in car at purchase. Here is where I got mine Sutton Audio Sounds
Palm Harbor, FL. 3463 Rolling Trail
813-787-2717
Or you can do a Switchboard.com search. His name is Eric Sutton
Hope this helps. Mike:)

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
There was a "Stereo Magic" reverb in my first car, 1963 Impala 2dr ht, when I bought it in march 1997. It was connected to the original AM. It was neat to turn it on. My friends would get a kick out of it. They liked the BOING sound it would make!
Ross

409z28

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
reverb

Hey Ross, you start grabbing gears in the 409 and you really hear BOING!!!