Amazon

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok, so here is my rant of the evening. Over the last few years I feel I have been forced to use companies like Amazon. I will say, that although it is not what I want to do, using Amazon has been a convenience in many ways because of my wife's health and the supplies I purchase. My biggest complaint with Amazon, is that Amazon allows individuals to transact commerce on their site in full knowledge that the sellers are not fulfilling their obligations to the customers, or that the seller in fact never had any intention of, or were able to fulfill the obligation to the purchaser. These sellers have atrocious feedback by customers saying they took their money, and never shipped the product. When they asked for a refund, the sellers would not respond, and then would not respond to Amazon, however they are still selling on Amazon. Any and all of my concerns to Amazon have fell on deaf ears. While Amazon will eventually give you your money back on the A-Z guarantee, you still have to play the game and wait. If you needed the product, tuff. The second issue is shipping by their sellers. See below. A $17.26 bottle of wound cleaner, 120z. If I wait till June 26, free shipping. If I dare want it on June 22nd $57.59. God help me if I want it on June 24th, two days later, $79.85. Yes, you read that right. $20 dollars more for 2 days later delivery. Obviously someone transposed the dates, however, that will not stop them from charging you those shipping rates. The shipping rates are absolutely insane in any circumstances. Amazon doesn't care. They want their cut and that is it. I had a product shipped from Orange County Ca. It came half way up the coast to me. It was then shipped to Kentucky, and then back to through several places to CA. I spoke to Amazon asking why? They don't care. Oky doky. That's my Amazon rant for the evening.

free-delivery._CB485934582_.jpg
Jeff, we'd like to give you a chance to try Amazon Prime and instantly enjoy Prime Video, Prime Music, and more.

Estimated delivery: June 26, 2020 - July 1, 2020

318MVdXQI4L._SS100_.jpg

Sea-Clens Wound Cleanser 12 fl oz

$17.26

Only 1 left in stock.

Quantity: 1 Change quantity of Sea-Clens Wound Cleanser 12 fl oz from 1

Sold by: Discount Avenue

gift_btn._CB485935626_.png
Gift options not available.

Choose a delivery option:
Friday, June 26 - Wednesday, July 1
FREE Shipping

Wednesday, June 24 - Friday, June 26
$79.85 - Shipping

Monday, June 22
$57.59 - Shipping

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
So far, I have never had a problem with Amazon.:appl I've purchased products, that were defective, and Amazon sent Shipping Labels, to return the bad products. Did not need, to pay any extra shipping. The two annoying problem, I do have. They are always, trying to get me to join Prime. :dunno2And, they always send me e-mails, to purchase the same or similar products, I already have purchased.:dunnoDuh.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Best thing ever happened on Amazon was a new Braun Electric shaver with a cleaning system etc. well my son got it for me and I didnt need it. I went to return it and they said just keep it and we will still tefund you. I guess because there was cleaning solution in the box they didnt want to pay the shipping back.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Been a member of Amazon since 2003 and use it a lot.....:). In the last 3 -4 months probably 25+ orders, some over $500. and only one problem. Bought a set of license plate covers from a 3rd party on Amazon and they arrived broken...:wtf. Requested a refund from the seller (in China) and they offered a full refund if I sent them back the order (at my cost) or 50% refund and keep the broken stuff. I thought this was pretty fair as the seller is now taking responsibility for someone else's carelessness. The item was only $20. and I got $10. back on my credit card in 2 days......:good....ya I'm out $10. but is that worth filing a claim with the shipping company(s)........not by a long shot.....:shower
And yes I joined Prime which includes Prime TV and movies and already paid for itself in FREE and FAST shipping....:cool:

62BillT

Well Known Member
We have Amazon Prime. We find it well worth it. Most items ship Free, although you need to keep an eye on third parties as mentioned above. In all the years we've had it, we never had any kind of problems. So far any returns were easy and no shipping charge. Even though I'm against paying for TV, as I never have, we also get Amazon TV, free, through our Roku box.

The other great thing about Amazon is surprisingly, you can find many Auto Parts on it. I have filled most of my needs lately and it has basically replaced my local "real" parts store that had a big jump in prices in the last year or two. I even questioned them on it to find out what was going on and to communicate that I was not too happy about it. Amazon also beats the heck out of box parts stores. I recently needed about $50 worth of some parts real quick at O'Rielly's. I compared what I bought to Amazon and I could have saved $17. And it could have been delivered free to my door to boot.

I keep waiting to buy from Rock Auto and I know I will soon, but so far Amazon has been keeping me going. Have to give some credit to Wal-Mart. It's where I get my Oil, Anti-Freeze, Brake Fluid, Carb Cleaners, Penetrating Oils, etc.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have Amazon prime and have had no issues ever. Because of where I live and my advancing years it has been a big plus for me. Any issues I have had with purchases they have resolved quickly. As far as what Bob said about the movies for the better part is true BUT! Hidden amongst the weeds are some first rate movies. My experience Bob is if you go to the drop down under the movie bill "Watch next" of a first rate movie you will find other good movies. Something else to try is the option, click on the "more" icon next to the movie bill. I've been with Amazon prime for three years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Been a member of Amazon since 2003 and use it a lot.....:). In the last 3 -4 months probably 25+ orders, some over $500. and only one problem. Bought a set of license plate covers from a 3rd party on Amazon and they arrived broken...:wtf. Requested a refund from the seller (in China) and they offered a full refund if I sent them back the order (at my cost) or 50% refund and keep the broken stuff. I thought this was pretty fair as the seller is now taking responsibility for someone else's carelessness. The item was only $20. and I got $10. back on my credit card in 2 days......:good....ya I'm out $10. but is that worth filing a claim with the shipping company(s)........not by a long shot.....:shower
And yes I joined Prime which includes Prime TV and movies and already paid for itself in FREE and FAST shipping....:cool:

The only problemwith your reasoning is the seller was responsible to package properly, the shipping company would have refused any claim based on inadequate packaging. So the seller is most always fully responsible to get the item to you.

bobs409

Administrator
For many years now, I don't have Prime, I just make sure I buy at least $25 dollars and shipping is free.

I like the amazon delivery though. On the day of delivery, you can actually track where the truck is and how many stops to go until it gets to you. It's on a map.

I bet the USPS, UPS and Fedex are really pissed about Amazon delivering it's own packages. :teehee Think of the money they are missing out on.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We have Amazon Prime. We find it well worth it. Most items ship Free, although you need to keep an eye on third parties as mentioned above. In all the years we've had it, we never had any kind of problems. So far any returns were easy and no shipping charge. Even though I'm against paying for TV, as I never have, we also get Amazon TV, free, through our Roku box.

The other great thing about Amazon is surprisingly, you can find many Auto Parts on it. I have filled most of my needs lately and it has basically replaced my local "real" parts store that had a big jump in prices in the last year or two. I even questioned them on it to find out what was going on and to communicate that I was not too happy about it. Amazon also beats the heck out of box parts stores. I recently needed about $50 worth of some parts real quick at O'Rielly's. I compared what I bought to Amazon and I could have saved $17. And it could have been delivered free to my door to boot.

I keep waiting to buy from Rock Auto and I know I will soon, but so far Amazon has been keeping me going. Have to give some credit to Wal-Mart. It's where I get my Oil, Anti-Freeze, Brake Fluid, Carb Cleaners, Penetrating Oils, etc.

My Edelbrock 409 heads were purchased from Amazon. They had the cheapest prices at the time.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
A few of my neighbors, kind of laughed at me, when I went out to the mailbox, on a Sunday. I told them "I get mail on Sunday, from Amazon." :rollA family across the street, are from Guyana. I don't think, they know what Amazon is.:dunno

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We've had Amazon Prime for years and have never had a problem. With Prime we get free shipping. I like to buy locally and try, but can't tell you how many times I've driven all over town to hardware stores or whatever trying to find something and can't, and come home and order it off of Amazon and it's here the next day with free shipping. Re ebay it is the best thing that ever happened to the old car hobby IMO, as far as finding old stuff. Before ebay you would have had to go crawling every wrecking yard in the country to find something, which is impossible, or spend lots of money going to Spring Carlisle, Spring Charlotte, Pate in D/FW, etc. With ebay just log a search for it and watch religiously and a nice one will show up sooner or later. I have 850 or so feedback on ebay and have had more transactions than that and have been bitten only once I think, which is a far better percentage than swap meet transactions or transactions with people who I thought were friends. JMO. Amazon prime isn't free but if you buy enough stuff through them you will come out ahead by paying the prime fee every year,

Last edited: