Americans & Guns?????

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
<<<<<<<Fast Forward, ten or so years.:rolleyes My wife and I were visiting my boss Ed. Great guy and family:bow We were driving back to Albany, in my 64. Conv. It just so happens, we were coming down the road, by farmer MacCluskey's. I started telling Judy, we used to swim and fish around the corner, in Red Mill Creek. As we passed the farm, we heard a noise, under the dash. It sounded like a fuse, on a stick of dynamite. P-f-f-f-f-t-t-t-t. I immediately pulled over, and turned the car off. The wire from the Alternator, to the Stewart Warner Amp gauge, was glowing red, and went up in smoke. Burned most of the insulation off the wire. Must have come in contact, with bare metal.:hide Luckily, no other damage. I disconnected the wire, and we drove home. :applKarma ????:dunno

After that I think I'd make reconciliation with old Mac

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
<<<<<<<Fast Forward, ten or so years.:rolleyes My wife and I were visiting my boss Ed. Great guy and family:bow We were driving back to Albany, in my 64. Conv. It just so happens, we were coming down the road, by farmer MacCluskey's. I started telling Judy, we used to swim and fish around the corner, in Red Mill Creek. As we passed the farm, we heard a noise, under the dash. It sounded like a fuse, on a stick of dynamite. P-f-f-f-f-t-t-t-t. I immediately pulled over, and turned the car off. The wire from the Alternator, to the Stewart Warner Amp gauge, was glowing red, and went up in smoke. Burned most of the insulation off the wire. Must have come in contact, with bare metal.:hide Luckily, no other damage. I disconnected the wire, and we drove home. :applKarma ????:dunno

When I was a kid, we used to spend time, in a place called Red Mill creek.:clap It was a Saturday thing. There would be four or five of us. We would bring sammiches and soda, swim and go fishing Great Time. It was a little bit of a hike, (2) miles across the Hudson river, on the Dunn Memorial Bridge. This one particular Saturday, somebody suggested we go visit Farmer MacCluskey's garden.:rolleyes Get some home grown Tomatoe's and Corn. :cloudYum. We rummaged through, a few aisles of Tomatoes, and the next thing we heard was "hey you little Bastards" Blam.:drop Double barrel rock salt.:cryWe got out of their, as quick as our sore asses, would carry us. We didn't do much swimming or fishing that day. :(Was a much longer walk home, limping.:roll

Reminds me of a story my dad told me when he was in jump school in Georgia (WWII) They use to go pick (steal) peanuts at some farm and the old coots use to come out shooting a shotgun at them. I guess he could run fast back then.

Junky

Well Known Member

Reminds me of a story my dad told me when he was in jump school in Georgia (WWII) They use to go pick (steal) peanuts at some farm and the old coots use to come out shooting a shotgun at them. I guess he could run fast back then.

I had raw peanuts when I was in Georgia many years ago, and I still remember how horrible that they were. I can't understand anyone stealing raw peanuts.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am sure your reason is legitimate Mike. However I did basic in Georgia at 17, and was in the Army through 20, and never had a thought of eating, or stealing raw peanuts :D

Last edited:

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Back in the mid nineties I went down to see my sister in Alabama and on one day of our travels I had the opportunity to try some raw peanuts and I liked them so much I brought home a 25 lb. bag of them. :good

Mark

Last edited:

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Try eating a slimy ass boiled peanut, then a raw one would look pretty good.

Another story when I was in the military. In north west Fla A friend was having a birthday party off base and invited me, introduces me to this just beautiful knock out girl from his home town in Georgia, she attended an university there. So she's treating me like royalty and we're sitting just talking and some how the conversation went to peanuts. She asked me if I liked ball peanuts and in my my I'm thinking what the hell are "ball peanuts":dunno
I didn't want to look stupid in front of this beauty so I just kind of danced around the topic. It suddenly hit me what she was saying, "BOILED peanuts:doh Her southern accent was heavy and she pronounced boil as ball. I think I avoided making a fool of myself. But she was drop dead gorgeous
The other thing I had never heard of boiled peanuts anyway, don't exist in Calif

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Poor Phil. OK this could be her grand daughter, honestlyBeautiful-Girl-Wallpapers.jpg

What was really strange, I wasn't good friends with this guy, he was farther along in the military then I, I had been in probably a year, him maybe 2-3 yrs It was his birthday party and his girlfriend was his fiance and there were a couple of her friends with her which this gal was one of. They were all from Georgia, probably a couple hundred miles to his home town, not ATL but on the east coast. He comes up to me that morning and asks if I want to go so sure. I guess he was looking to have enough guys for the girls at the party. Not a big party either, about 10-12 people. So this drop dead gal is real friendly with me, she would go serve my drinks for me and get what ever I wanted, southern hospitality? Then night was over and I never heard about her again:cryblow