Americans & Guns?????

wristpin

Well Known Member
So its not "free"? Is it actually "tax payer supported" health care?
Why do canadians i meet here come down for health care because theyve been denied or defered up there?
BTW you began by attacking us. None of US swung first.
People here who need health care but cannot afford it DO GET "FREE" health care which is supported by costs being passed along to others who have had hospital visits as well as "tax payer supported". Conservative Americans are not money grubbing self centered pricks as Progressives believe. Nor do many of us think our health care system should be "FREE" health care to 10s of MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS.

dualquadpete

Well Known Member
Not back pedaling, you guys took my inquiry all wrong !! But so far all you've done is sling"$hit" on my question with a closed mind to anything but your views any anybody else's thoughts are all wrong no matter what, AGAIN Closed minds & not open to learning anything other than what what's in your head & believe it's right no matter what. I'm outta this thread !!!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ask someone south of the border how much the hospital bills are if you end up there> Boy you guys are so Negative, Nothing good to say about anything other than your surroundings. Anybody ever been up here to see this country??? The Gov. pays for our health care out of our income taxes + other sources of revenue! Our cost of living is a bit higher than yours, minimum wage in Ontario is close to $15 But one hospital bill would likely bankrupt you guys!!! if you don't have "MediCare or whatever. As one member here said "can't we get along" instead of slamming someone who is trying to learn more about my nieghbours to the south. Can you not want to learn more about us??? We are very similar in some ways.

You're right, Canadians are very similiar. You have your good guys and your A holes just like us. Which one are you, wait i think we already know that.
As someone else already said, you came on here running your keyboard first. Not much of a neighborly thing to do if you ask me.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Not back pedaling, you guys took my inquiry all wrong !! But so far all you've done is sling"$hit" on my question with a closed mind to anything but your views any anybody else's thoughts are all wrong no matter what, AGAIN Closed minds & not open to learning anything other than what what's in your head & believe it's right no matter what. I'm outta this thread !!!
I read your first post, it was insulting. You meant it to be so. The truth be known it's none of your ******* business what we do here. If it weren't for the United States you would be speaking something other than English or French. Canadians have been enjoying the free protection of the American gun toting population for many years just by sharing the continent with us. A Japanese general once said, "We would never invade the United States, there is a gun behind every blade of grass" . The Americans also won their freedom from England with the American gun carrying freedom fighters. America has gone to war for other nations that were in peril many times over at great loss. Most Canadians would never ask that question in the same manner. There may come a day in your lifetime that you will be more than thankful that we Americans have such a so called obsession with firearms. No one fears a law abiding American citizen with a fire arm. If you didn't live where you do you would have a different outlook on the matter. But then, your Canadians, you will never understand.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Running away are you? I am sure there is a safe room somewhere for you to be more comfortable. And take your friend with you. Or teach him how to not make up things and create drama just for the sake of starting drama.

Note his closed minded words. Just another often used insult by the left to say we are right and you are wrong. However is he open minded to our so called views? But wait, there's more. He didn't stop with his gun observations did he? No, he went on to Trump saying "we" think he is the most hated. No, he came to create an issue. Seek and yee shall find.

Have you ever noticed the people screaming the most
for tolerance, are only tolerant of people with views
the same as theirs ?

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Going to add to the bun fight.
In Australia around the mid 70's started a National Health Scheme, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_(Australia) .
These schemes have been touted as a cure all for modern societies, and to be fair there are some benefits, particularly for hypochondriacs, the inherently sick and DOCTORS.
The current system is you have an income above a certain amount you pay 2% of that income to Medicare, If you have private insurance it is similar to the US scenario, if you have no private insurance ( my scenario ) under most conditions where there is an emergency you will be treated and usually fairly well, but no choice of doctor etc,
Where this fails is quite interesting, under the system you can rock up and get treatment or looked over and this is bulk billed to Medicare which typically means no up front payments by the patient and the Govt. foots the bill. Now this is where the Doctors (maybe not all) but a fair majority treat more people than they possibly could treat in a day thus rorting the system, now add the hypochondriacs its a money pit.

Today with this COVID19 thing, it appears the general medical practitioners are down on income, Here, there is a lot of complaining from this group that due to the crisis is that people are not going to the doctor or the hospital for check ups as they are afraid of the virus, add this with not as many people travelling the car accidents are down etc etc, how ironical they should be glad the overall numbers are down.
Not every system is perfect, but as soon as the Govt. gets involved it is an open ticket to rort that system, this in particular is by Insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, doctors and maybe some patients.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gotta be careful, The wife of 32 years is a LEGAL immigrant from Canada.

So she wised up :D Just kidding. Most are not really bashing Canada. Some may slip a little because when you get people that like making comments, or others that live here who just like to cause issues because they have nothing else going on in their lives, some get a little testy. I think most people here support Canada. We just don't like their citizens telling us how to keep our house when their house is not any better.

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My father and grandfather were born in Canada, I have family there. Spent summers in Fort Erie in my youth. Of course I love Canada. The post that started this was meant to be inflammatory and was an insult as if to say Americans were nothing but a bunch of knuckle draggers. We are not obsessed with guns, we are obsessed with the constitution and freedom.

Junky

Well Known Member
Ask someone from north of the border how long they have to wait for some of that free health care, Lol

I know that the Canadian health care system isn't perfect, nor is the US health care system. I also know that many Canadians come to the US for procedures that have long waiting times in Canada. There is no percentage number available for how many, however, in Detroit, just over the border from Canada, the health care industry is growing every year. The population of Detroit has declined from what it was in the 1950's & 1960's, so there must be something that is driving that growth.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC80881/

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
So you're saying that there are even more people that are infatuated with guns than admit it? Got it.

Kinda funny how y'all are quick to call Democrats, brown, Muslim, and LGBTQ folks all sorts of names, but can't handle it when someone else provides an apt description of you. :rolleyes

You should take a look at the map linked below, which was compiled using CDC data. The page also provides a link to its citations. It's kind of interesting which states have the highest per-capita gun homicide rates. They aren't all Democrat safe-havens, and something makes me think the states south of the Mason-Dixon don't have strict gun laws.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/7xoalk
Here's also a table that I just generated listing cause of death rates in each state for the three measured non-self inflicted or unintentional causes of death by firearm (Assault by handgun discharge, Assault by rifle, shotgun and larger firearm discharge, and Assault by other and unspecified firearm discharge). You might find the results interesting. :dunno

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/saved/D76/D84F781

I'll play your quoting sources game, zero.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/01/03/abortion-leading-cause-of-death/

I won't go into planned parenthood's fetal tissue program. Makes me sick.

Liberals seem infatuated with abortion, being able to KILL helpless babies in the womb and out of the womb. No gun needed when you are dealing with a helpless human being. Since 1973 to 2017 there have been over 60,754,254 babies killed due to liberal induced laws in this country. That number does not include California, New Hampshire, and at least one other state since 1998. In 2018 the number of helpless babies murdered was 862,320

The abortion law was passed on a lie that went to the Supreme Court. Roe, AKA Jane Doe was the figurehead hired by the Liberals. There is a documentary about this out there now. She came clean when dying and said she said and did what her LIBERAL HANDLERS TOLD HER IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY. She lied. She had a child and gave it away. Also, she was admittedly gay.

So as far as guns go, libs are going to have a problem because we are INFATUATED WITH OUR FREEDOM AND PLAN ON KEEPING IT. AS FOR YOUR SIDE, YOU'D BETTER STICK WITH KILLING HELPLESS BABIES AND GOOD LUCK WHEN YOU LIBERALS COME AFTER OUR GUNS. IF I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD NOT LIKE IT EITHER.

Last edited:

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I'll play your quoting sources game, zero.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2019/01/03/abortion-leading-cause-of-death/

I won't go into planned parenthood's fetal tissue program. Makes me sick.

Liberals seem infatuated with abortion, being able to KILL helpless babies in the womb and out of the womb. No gun needed when you are dealing with a helpless human being. Since 1973 to 2017 there have been over 60,754,254 babies killed due to liberal induced laws in this country. That number does not include California, New Hampshire, and at least one other state since 1998. In 2018 the number of helpless babies murdered was 862,320

The abortion law was passed on a lie that went to the Supreme Court. Roe, AKA Jane Doe was the figurehead hired by the Liberals. There is a documentary about this out there now. She came clean when dying and said she said and did what her LIBERAL HANDLERS TOLD HER IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY. She lied. She had a child and gave it away. Also, she was admittedly gay.

So as far as guns go, libs are going to have a problem because we are INFATUATED WITH OUR FREEDOM AND PLAN ON KEEPING IT. AS FOR YOUR SIDE, YOU'D BETTER STICK WITH KILLING HELPLESS BABIES AND GOOD LUCK WHEN YOU LIBERALS COME AFTER OUR GUNS. IF I DON'T LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T BELIEVE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD NOT LIKE IT EITHER.
I'll hunker down with you Cooter. Next time try and not hold anything back.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So you're saying that there are even more people that are infatuated with guns than admit it? Got it.

Kinda funny how y'all are quick to call Democrats, brown, Muslim, and LGBTQ folks all sorts of names, but can't handle it when someone else provides an apt description of you. :rolleyes

While there are racists among us most here have no problem with good, law abiding people, democrat, brown. black whatever . Now Muslims well don't you think that many have shown their true feelings? I do. LGBTQ, I'm not even sure what all those letters mean but why do you think queers are called queers? Because that is a freak of nature, sorry but it is not natural for this gay crap. I'm not one to persecute them, go do as you please in private but this crap of them thinking they should be made special and have everything handed to them is dog shxt. If you identify with them have at it but don't think anyone else should have to like them.
Now, back to you. I bet you never had the balls to join the military to give back to your country. WHAT'S YOUR MILITARY SERVICE RECORD?

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
a3ae47e3f5d59c6484b5eaa395d702f2efb97befa8552576efef6230609d2bd8.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Good one Junkman.

I have a lot of good shooting friends from Canada. Mostly Conservatives and they don't really care for some of the things going on there. Heath care, Trudeau, things like that. We don't talk politics a lot but there is mutual respect for our countries. Those guys can drink............and most are very friendly and don't try to provoke things...... Good folks.

I don't usually bad mouth other countries governments, but when someone bad mouths mine, they usually get it back. I really appreciate Steve(NZ) and Grub's (Australia)posts standing up for America in this thread. That tells me a lot about how other people view America. If you don't like my President or the way my country is run, you can voice your opinion but be either be prepared for push back or STFU.

Last edited: