Ames foundation car collection

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My son and I just went on a tour of the Steven Ames car collection.Totally blown away is the only way to describe his collection.He sought ultra low mileage cars.Here are just a few examples of the 90 cars.B93A6EBE-F204-4F2C-9A91-49D67E06205D.jpegED5778E3-B9F3-4254-93C4-B73EC4A3AC98.jpeg8BD9A41B-1C10-4A0A-9B35-E11F88B32FE6.jpeg45E11231-C3FC-4EAD-8E26-E84DDB341BB7.jpegFABC2BD1-7400-4EFB-85A4-F8FB0B27CA2A.jpeg9485FDC4-3111-44BD-A279-EF18D2FFBD87.jpeg

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
There was a model t with 200 miles,the blue lambrecht pickup with 1.3 miles,a 79 trans am with 35 miles,and a couple very,very low mileage super duty’s.
Steve passed away last fall,but had a foundation set up to keep the collection intact.
R.I.P. Steve and thanks so much for putting this collection together.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I read about the 59 Impala years ago it has a 348/335 guy bought it for towing his 56 chevy race car then just parked it :dunno
35 miles on that '59 is totally remarkable. I often wonder why so few myself?? Many times I think the owner purchases a car and then unfortunately, dies right away. The car gets parked for ever. That car would have been so much fun to drive, I just can't see parking it. That's a nice collection Steve Ames has. I heard about it but never saw it until now. Thanks for sharing that, Carmine.

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I don’t know if you are interested,but the Pontiac-Oakland club National convention is going on at Monhegan Sun in conn.There are some pretty nice cars there.I was going to bring my 69 ram air conv,but decided against it with the rain,and having to go thru tech inspection today.My son and I are going down tomorrow to see the show.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks. I didn't now that. I collect Chevys but have always loved Pontiacs. Mohegan Sun isn't that far from me. I think I was there once. Will have to see how long they'll be there, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It runs thru tomorrow at 3
OK. Thanks. Wish I had known that earlier. Tomorrow, I have some doctor appointments, so it doesn't look the greatest. Hopefully, there is always next year, Carmine.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
There was a model t with 200 miles,the blue lambrecht pickup with 1.3 miles,a 79 trans am with 35 miles,and a couple very,very low mileage super duty’s.
Steve passed away last fall,but had a foundation set up to keep the collection intact.
R.I.P. Steve and thanks so much for putting this collection together.

Was the blue Lambrecht Chevy Auction ( in Nebraska) pickup the 1958 Cameo one with the black stripe? The auction results state that it had 1.3 miles ( I remember after attending that auction that the Cameo pickup - an article on the auction said went east to New Hampshire for $140,000)
I heard that the new owner never washed the dirt off it?
Paul