Anniversary

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Congratulations Phil on a long run. Just think you were a spring rooster at a ripe old age of 39..........:deal

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Congratulations

Congratulations Phil that's quite an accomplishment !!! :cheers Only thing I've been able to keep around "that long", is my spousal unit, working on 35 with her !!!

I'll have to pass on the lunch, because I just saw this post, and I couldn't get there by noon anyway !!! :roll:roll I've been in your shop and it's well organized if you ask me ! You ought to try walking around in mine !!! :roll I'm sure there is a floor under there somewhere ?

Bill

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Only thing I've been able to keep around "that long", is my spousal unit, working on 35 with her !!!Bill
We were married 45 years last May, but I think if I called her my "spousal unit", we might not make it to 46.:roll:roll

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I've had my "SPOUSAL UNIT " for 37 years and she is definitly a keeper.Always kept me focused in my drag racing days. She was always into racing and still is. Thats why we called my '57 "JOINT VENTURE ":clap:crazy:crazy:bow

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Congratulations Phil!!! there's something to be said running your own business. the only Boss you have is your customer.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks for the kind wishes!! Boy, the last 2 days have been hectic!!

Fatride worked just so he could retire and do what I do everyday!! I'm fortunate............I don't "want" to retire!!!! I'm having too much fun!!

It's not the same today as it was in the good 'ole heydays of the 80's and early 90's. We could find parts everywhere then. Not so now. There have been a lot of parts pass thru here. Back in 88 or 89..........I had 43 complete 409 engines. Didn't necessarly have air cleaners for all of them but the basic complete engine. I'm not anywhere close to that now!!! But I've traded most of those for good friends now!!!!

The Mecum Auction is in KC this wekend. It's my "job" to go down and see what's happening!! It's going to be on TV Friday and Saturday. But don't worry............I won't break your TV set as I won't be bidding!!! Going to meet Dana Mecum. He has the 62 Ault James Biscayne that I restored 20 years ago. Hoping to talk to him about the car.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Mecum on Saturday

Phil:

Not quite committed as yet, but I might roll into KC Saturday morning with some friends and watch the gavel drop on a few cars throughout the day. I note only that 1963 409 car goes across on Saturday, but I like the action in general and the chance to see some nice cars. Maybe that will inspire me a bit :).

Might see you wandering about in the crowd!

Cheers,

TomK