Another 55 Chevy born, with a stroker 409!

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome back.
Look forward to seeing what it currently looks like and just how that motor looks sitting in the engine bay.

Gav

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Old Timers! Remember me?? It's been so long since I posted, I'm unsure how to post a new entry for myself.
Anyway, It's been a couple years again... still dealing with a medical issue, pain and weakness dominate me now.
So, I've been unable to finish this project. It remains ready to go, I've kept it running..., just don't have the strength to finish it.

I may need to undergo another surgery, and if that works out, maybe I'll recover better.
But, I must admit, selling it is becoming a real possibility. If I decide to do that, I'd prefer to have someone who knows and understands 409 engines and hotrods... This 409 is a bored 446, hydraulic comp cam, x-ram intake -- all done right! Richmond 6-speed, hydraulic clutch, F**d 9 inches posi, 4-wheel disc brakes, does not run hot!

Anyway... best wishes to all you guys for a happy New Year... oh, and all you older guys, don;t climb ladders... I fell off one and it damn near killed me...., broke to ribs real bad, busted my gallbladder (had to be removed), and the surgeon screwed up..., lots of chronic pain now...

Lost 3 close buddies to Covid-19, I survived it, and the FLU!! I'm 74 now, so, that's saying something.

Stay safe guys!

Denis

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Old Timers! Remember me?? It's been so long since I posted, I'm unsure how to post a new entry for myself.
Anyway, It's been a couple years again... still dealing with a medical issue, pain and weakness dominate me now.
So, I've been unable to finish this project. It remains ready to go, I've kept it running..., just don't have the strength to finish it.

I may need to undergo another surgery, and if that works out, maybe I'll recover better.
But, I must admit, selling it is becoming a real possibility. If I decide to do that, I'd prefer to have someone who knows and understands 409 engines and hotrods... This 409 is a bored 446, hydraulic comp cam, x-ram intake -- all done right! Richmond 6-speed, hydraulic clutch, F**d 9 inches posi, 4-wheel disc brakes, does not run hot!

Anyway... best wishes to all you guys for a happy New Year... oh, and all you older guys, don;t climb ladders... I fell off one and it damn near killed me...., broke to ribs real bad, busted my gallbladder (had to be removed), and the surgeon screwed up..., lots of chronic pain now...

Lost 3 close buddies to Covid-19, I survived it, and the FLU!! I'm 74 now, so, that's saying something.

Stay safe guys!

Denis

That sucks. Lucky you're young. Get well...

HNY

Later
Dave

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Stay safe guys!

Denis
Dang Denis, that is not good to hear. Take care mate and all the best with the health.

I do have a real soft spot for the 55, it's way cool alright.

Gav

desapience

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Old Timers!! It's me again...., but, nothing to show for progress... Sad to report that my health has suffered dearly, and I'm left unable to do much physical work now -- I'm partially disabled. It all started a couple of years ago after I fell off a ladder> resulting in two severely broken ribs, a burst gall bladder, and a damaged liver! I had to undergo surgery to remove my gall bladder..., which was botched leaving me in chronic pain. I'll likely need more surgery..., dammit!

To add to the disappointment, I lost two of my closest friends to Covid-19.... the painter of this project and others we've done over the years -- and another great man. Both suffered dearly.

I'm 74+ now and it is doubtful that I can ever finish this project. So, I'm contemplating selling it and all the parts and things to complete it, including the complete red leather Ciadella interior.

I keep it running regularly, and it is roadworthy, with Vintage digital A/C, and 4-wheel disk brakes, it runs cool, A/C is COLD. It's a shame that I'm physically unable to finish it..... Check out all the prior posts and pictures.

I also have an unfired 409-482, with solid Comp cam camshaft...., all the goodies, Custom STEF's oil pan,,, etc., etc. When my friends died..., so did all future projects too.

I also have a brand new, still in the crate "Rock Chrusher" Munchie 4speed by Gear Vendors (with speedometer gear and reverse light switch)... A complete paddle shifter setup for tri-5s with 4L460E transmissions... never used it, and also have a new 4L60E transmission by MAD-DOG racing transmissions -- never installed.... so much stuff for 409s -- Edelbrock water pumps, various dual quad intakes for 409's... I also have a used M-21 Muncie 4-speed that is perfect. A couple of new clutches, and several completely rebuilt 55-57 pedal assemblies with hydraulic-clutch modification (see pictures of what is installed in my black-55.... If you are looking for a 409 candy store, or a 55 wonder piece, get in touch 727-437-9691 or email me dentaldmd@hotmail.com.... I hate parting with any of this, but..., I"d prefer to sell to 409 folks who understand how cool these cars are. You would be very hard-pressed to find better stuff... very hard.

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Had to be hard to write, Denis. Hope you can find someone to continue the pursuit.
dc

Reactions: 327