ANOTHER AMERICAN ICON VANISHING

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
It's always Bad, when a store like Sears, goes under.:doh I believe the handwriting, was on the wall, with them. :confusedTheir customer service really Sucked.:bat They had, too many foreigners working in the store's, that weren't trained well. I purchased a set of metric, deep well socket's, online. When I got them, the 24mm was missing. I called their customer service, and they told me "according to their records, it was put in the box." Well lady, it was Not put in the box. After that, she told me, she could not help me.:tantrum I took my receipt, and went down, to the store, and they gave me the socket.:clap This was in 2010. Not long after that, they stopped their Lifetime Warranty, on their tools. Funny thing, they still sell Online.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I think with me, I grew up with Sears. We use to get that real thick catalog and pick out our toys for Santa Claus to bring. My mother even had a Sears revolving charge account. I just hate to see it go. To me, it was as American as apple pie, baseball and Chevrolet. I bought a few hand tools recently from them. No issues. The last big purchase was 11 years ago when I bought a 50" Panasonic tv which is still working fine. I think I mentioned in another thread, sometimes I get too nostalgic, too caught up in this stuff, Carmine.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Bought a pair of AP glass packs from Sears for my 58 348 Impala in the early 60's. Bitchin' sound!!!!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I also have spent quite a few dollars in Sears over most of my life, and my last purchase was in December of last year. I will say this though. It probably needs to die. The service ( at least in my town ) products, availability, etc. are not anything like it use to be. Honestly after my last purchase, I don't see me going there anymore. It is too bad though.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was that the Woolworth's and Ben Franklin in Watertown?

Yes sir, Kemp Avenue. Montgomery Wards, JC Penny also, all in a couple blocks. We cruised Kemp on the weekends and ran stoplight to stoplight. You can still see the 7up ad painted on the side of one of the buildings today. That's about the only thing left from back then.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I think with me, I grew up with Sears. We use to get that real thick catalog and pick out our toys for Santa Claus to bring. My mother even had a Sears revolving charge account. I just hate to see it go. To me, it was as American as apple pie, baseball and Chevrolet. I bought a few hand tools recently from them. No issues. The last big purchase was 11 years ago when I bought a 50" Panasonic tv which is still working fine. I think I mentioned in another thread, sometimes I get too nostalgic, too caught up in this stuff, Carmine.
I have the Sears Catalog I think from 1972 with the male underwear model has his "Weiner' sticking out from his boxer shorts
:doh:D
:crazy:cheers

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I remember seeing that when I was a kid. My foster mom showed it to me. I don't remember there being much of the member though.