Another barn find

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here we go again...............good friend called me today to tell me that he had been over in NY state buying a garden tractor from an old gent in his 70's and during the process learned that he has been storing an all original 62 SS convertible with a 327 and a four speed. Aqua in color and no rust. Belonged to this fellas Mother in law and he has been storing it for years. 60 something for mileage and according to my friend it is in awesome shape and still shines. So....this fella says he should sell it as he is not getting any younger. Thought it might be worth 30 k! Off the cuff any ideas what this car should be worth???? Don't want to pay to much, you know how it goes.......any input would be appreciated........thanks, Walt.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
w ogden

That appears to be one really good find. All original, 4-speed, rag-top, with a 327. If its not been messed with and body and frame are good, I think the $30K would be the bare minimum. An above average original (hard-top) with the rest of your description, should be able to fetch the $30K number!

I've seen good 62' convertibles add on an additional $8 to $10k. to that figure. Estimate would be based on availability of documentation, all original parts, or decent replacements etc.

If a person was looking for an "investment" kind of car, this sure would be one of them. It would take more that $30K to pry it loose if it were mine!

Good Luck.

RCE1962

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
w ogden

Someone else on this forum will most likely offer a somewhat similar or different opinion.:dunno

Ron

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the input guys. We are looking forward to going over there and reviewing this car. Seeing it in person will be a big step toward knowing what it is really like. Will keep everyone informed as this develops further. Walt

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Barn find

Well Walt , how did you make out. Did you see the car, was it as good as he said it was?

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
barn find update

Well guys I have had a bit of bad luck recently and have been laid up. Seems the old gall bladder decided to go south on a Friday night, got to ride in the big wagon with the lights and siren, a little morphine :eek: and a fast ride to the hospital. Yanked the bad boy out Saturday morning :takethat and have been laid up for a few days. Just got back on my feet last week and am back at work catching up now. So no haven't been over there yet but did talk to my friend next door who is going to go back over soon. Will keep you posted. Walt :brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Walt sorry to hear about your "ride" I took that same "ride" two years ago so take it easy and hopefully you will be as good as new in a bit
Robert

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Walt, Glad you are up and around again. Damn, there just aint nothing good about growing older. I dont like it one bit!!!!!!!! Hope you dont have to ride in another one of those fancy "stage coaches " again. :)

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Walt: Sorry to hear you've been under the weather.:eek: Get well soon, and take it easy. Skip:)

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Good to hear you're feeling better Walt. Ronnie is right about growing old! As Jack Palance once said "Old age is not for the faint of heart."
:D

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
big white bus

Sorry you've been feeling poorly but it's good to see your on the mend. Get well soon. John:roll :roll

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks fellas for your kind words and concerns. Getting back to normal now and back at the game. And yes getting older is a lot of fun, 'bout the only thing I see that is a thrill is that retirement is looming in front of me and I will have all the time I need to play with the projects. Keep you posted on the "find" as it progresses. Hope to get some pics also. Walt