another guy from Iowa

jeff hall

Well Known Member
I have been following this sight for quiet a few years as I built my El camino. I bought my first "w" in "63" a 60 Impala 335 hp 3spd. Now years later another. It's taken a bought 9 years. It is a frame off restoration. I want to thank everyone for all the valueable info over the years. The motor is a "65" truck engine, crank is 10-10, 30 over 10/5 cast pistons Isky 270H hyd cam, tri-power, chevy dual point, new hard seats, guides and springs in the heads. t-10 cast iron 4 spd. 605 power steering. Aluminum radiator. Seat is from "62" Impala.No plans for anything but easy drives, scheduled get togethers and trips to the DQ etc. Paint color is Viper red, sprayed bed liner tinted to match body. 15 inch Cragers, just had to stay old school. IMG_0767.JPGIMG_0768.JPGIMG_0769.JPGIMG_0770.JPGIMG_0772.JPGIMG_0771.JPGIMG_0773.JPGIMG_0774.JPGIMG_0775.JPGIMG_0776.JPG

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice El Camino Welcome
he appears to be from around Onawa, Iowa area just south of me.
Onawa is the home of a new drag strip on the original airport runway.
Paul
I had planned to run at that track this year. My wifes family lives just South of Onawa.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice ride Jeff, I like your plans! That’s exactly why I put a 325 gear in my nova and took out the 456. Now I can drive on the highway at 70 around 2700 RPM. Looks like this is a year good year to cruise. I’ve taken mine to the track just to see what it’ll run but left the exhaust on it. And it is a super T 10 four-speed. Enjoy the drive, Burn a tire!!!:good The dash and steering wheel look killer! Beautiful ride!