Another header question

55Brodie

Well Known Member
My 62 has a 348 with 333 heads and came with no-name shorty headers. Whoever installed them bashed the forward most cylinder tubes on each side all to hell in order to clear the upper A arm bolts. Does anyone know of a shorty header that actually fits?
Thanks,
Brodie

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Not that this will help you, but go on youtube and type in header bash test. It is nothing short of amazing! If somebody can set up a link, that would be great. I learned alot from the test.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
What Jim said,plus WHY would you want to give up 50-60 hp by using those "shorty"things unless there's a space in the chasiss area such as a 30's series full fendered ride? If your cam was ground with the 4-7 swap,don't use the tri-y stuff,go with Wilson's headers instead.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Thanks for the guidance fellas. I do have concerns of going to conventional type headers due to dropped spindles and low profile tires. The front is Very low and the shorties seem okay in that respect so far. I realize they are performance ihhibitors; just looking for an inexpensive fix. That does not seem possible with this car.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My 62 has a 348 with 333 heads and came with no-name shorty headers. Whoever installed them bashed the forward most cylinder tubes on each side all to hell in order to clear the upper A arm bolts. Does anyone know of a shorty header that actually fits?
Thanks,
Brodie
What is dumb about the hammering is the upper A arm bolts come out and can be turned around...