Another Kingswood wagon

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
As a Wagon owner also, I have a affection for these cars, as long as they have 3 pedals, and that shifty thingy on the floor!!!!!
I was the same way when I first started my business.......wagons......but they must be 4speeds. My first was a black/ red 64 Impala wagon with a 425HP 409, 4-speed, power windows, transistor ignition, and more options. Bought it about 40 miles from the shop. Second was a gold/beige top 65 Impala 4'speed 340HP from California. Lots of options. Then later I bought the 62 Belair white/blue 4-speed from California.
I could not a 63 44-speed wagon to save my soul!!!!! All 63's had Powerglides!!!!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!
Then there was the black/white 65 SS from Southgate, CA that had EVERY OPTION on it!!! Bought it in Springfield, MO swap meet from one of Russ' friend. Tilt wheel, wood grain, AM-FM, posi, cruise control, black vinyl top, power windows and the Serial No. was 100003!!!!!!!!!!!! Figured it was built as an Executive car for someone at Chevrolet!! I didn't have a Cave like Russ so didn't have the money Russ does, to restore these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was the same way when I first started my business.......wagons......but they must be 4speeds. My first was a black/ red 64 Impala wagon with a 425HP 409, 4-speed, power windows, transistor ignition, and more options. Bought it about 40 miles from the shop. Second was a gold/beige top 65 Impala 4'speed 340HP from California. Lots of options. Then later I bought the 62 Belair white/blue 4-speed from California.
I could not a 63 44-speed wagon to save my soul!!!!! All 63's had Powerglides!!!!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!
Then there was the black/white 65 SS from Southgate, CA that had EVERY OPTION on it!!! Bought it in Springfield, MO swap meet from one of Russ' friend. Tilt wheel, wood grain, AM-FM, posi, cruise control, black vinyl top, power windows and the Serial No. was 100003!!!!!!!!!!!! Figured it was built as an Executive car for someone at Chevrolet!! I didn't have a Cave like Russ so didn't have the money Russ does, to restore these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That ‘64 sounds like it was an interesting car Phil... Any idea where it is now??:scratch