Another Kingswood wagon

Junky

Well Known Member
From this on March 11, 2020............

IMG_0464.jpg

to this on September 6, 2020, is unbelievable........

0985E67D-97CC-4176-AB4F-79B0C5300D2E.jpeg

How would you like to store my car over the winter, and by the way, give it a new paint job while you have it???? :crazy Professional restoration shops don't work that fast, and they charge a lot of money per hour. Just shows what can be done in a short time by someone that knows what they are doing, and makes the best use of their time. If you ever decide to sell it, please put my name at the top of the list. You are a restoration master!!!

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
Aren't wagon pipes supposed to come out just behind the rear wheels? I know that is how GM did it on my 1962 wagon, although the person that had the exhaust replaced, ran them out the back like in your picture. Might say that it is personal preference vs. factory original location. Either way, your work and car are a testament to restoring this beautiful car in record time.

Junky

Well Known Member
That is correct. I had a 1963 ambulance that had the exhaust exit the back, and if the divider window between the cab and the rear compartment was closed, I didn't get a headache, but if it were open just a little bit, I would get tired and a headache. I finally realized that the seal on the back door wasn't air tight, and the exhaust was coming into the rear passenger compartment. After that, I always made sure that the divider window was open, and I always kept the drivers window open a little bit to get fresh air into the car. When I sold the car, I told the new owner about my findings, and suggested that he keep a carbon monoxide monitor in the cab of the ambulance.
Ford Explorers have the same problem, and they had a recall program to fix the problem.