Another newbie and new to all that is 409

smittys09

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the site , nice starter car , and you can't ask to many questions here , I know that for a fact ????? smitrtys09

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome to the site , nice starter car , and you can't ask to many questions here , I know that for a fact ????? smitrtys09
I ask to many questions all of the time. Like: Why would they design the wagons with an electric rear window that you can not service unless the rear tailgate is down? Yet the rear tailgate being down is depending on that electric window rolling down? Who thought that was a good idea? Who also approved its design and its manufacture? There must have been 100 people that checked ok on that rear window being designed that way. Dah. It took me a week to figure out how to get power to the actual motor to get that window to come down. What a pain.

I too am new to the site. I live in Simi Valley Ca. I am a late great guy. 61 yrs old now. My first car was a 64 SS 327 4 speed car. It sure taught me a lot about how to fix everything I broke. I even got down to being able to do a drop out swap in 1/2 hr. Anyways a few others I have owned. 63 Belair wagon 325 PG, 2 61 flat top Belairs both 283 cars, 64 Biscayne built 350 600 lift roller can 4 speed 4:11 gears.
63 Belair 468 big block 4 speed 3:55 gears, 62 SS 327 Glide car full power, 62 Biscayne now and a nice 62 Belair which a member has just posted on new listings. Thanks to poster “our 1962”. Yes the time has come to thin out my inventory. The blue 62 can be seen on YouTube Chuck’s 62 Belair. Posted on cars on line .com.
I have entertained selling it off and on over the years. Moving from 3000 sf shop to a 2 car just doesn’t work.
Anyways thanks for reading. I think you site is awesome and I will be following along.
Chuck in Simi

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I too am new to the site. I live in Simi Valley Ca. I am a late great guy. 61 yrs old now. My first car was a 64 SS 327 4 speed car. It sure taught me a lot about how to fix everything I broke. I even got down to being able to do a drop out swap in 1/2 hr. Anyways a few others I have owned. 63 Belair wagon 325 PG, 2 61 flat top Belairs both 283 cars, 64 Biscayne built 350 600 lift roller can 4 speed 4:11 gears.
63 Belair 468 big block 4 speed 3:55 gears, 62 SS 327 Glide car full power, 62 Biscayne now and a nice 62 Belair which a member has just posted on new listings. Thanks to poster “our 1962”. Yes the time has come to thin out my inventory. The blue 62 can be seen on YouTube Chuck’s 62 Belair. Posted on cars on line .com.
I have entertained selling it off and on over the years. Moving from 3000 sf shop to a 2 car just doesn’t work.
Anyways thanks for reading. I think you site is awesome and I will be following along.
Chuck in Simi

Hello Chuck in Simi........Nice to have you along .......but I think you’ll find that if you’ll make your own listing for an introduction........more of the guys will see this......... this is a previous thread already started by Larrymike63......So start your own thread....... post pictures of your ride........ and join in.......Welcome