Another Newbie....

Crawlin

Was referred here by a buddy "yellow wagon" that registered earlier on this site

I didn't want to post I'm a Camaro guy too, but just sold my '99 Z28 LS1 drag toy back in August. Had gone 10.02@135mph on a 1.39 60ft. Was a fun toy, still got 18-19mpg with the TH400. Had 3.50 gears and a spool in the 9".

This is a pic the new owner took. He's a local guy. We have a couple of street racing events that are at the track, so that explains the money thing, haha. Did a good job cleaning it up and buffing it out

99Camaro006.jpg

Some from when I had it..

P1010015.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

Anyways, decided to get back into the car thing and have been looking for a '62 or '63 Biscayne and trying to find as much info as possible. While only being 27, I'm a HUGE fan of the old super stock drag racing from that era. I'm still a little undecided about whether to get a Biscayne or a '63 Tempest or even a Catalina of the same year. Just love the old Walter Donahue '62 that went through Barrett auction recently as well as all the Royal Pontiac Tempest/Catalina combo's.

Been trying to find pics of a nice old super stock car to do a "clone" of. Searching through the photo gallery here, you all have VERY NICE vehicles.

Chris

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Chris: There are several circuits running cars of which you seek. Several members are active in those organizations and I am sure will "pop" in here and give you the event schedule but don't miss the Hot Rod Reunion or the York, PA. events if you can make it.
robert

Crawlin

Thanks Robert!!

I went to the RT66 NMCA Superbowl race to look at all the Nostalgia Super Stock cars since it was only a couple hours from where I live. Lots of nice cars there.

I've found a couple of websites, but am trying to find more, so anybody that can post up I'd greatly appreciate it. It's hard to use google image search cause it keeps popping up stupid non-related stuff