Another old, new guy

JCL

I go buy my initials, JCL. I’m a retired safety engineer and received my ASASE (now ASE) certification in auto and diesel mechanics in 1974. I currently have 2 X frame Chevys, my wife’s 64 Impala and my 59 El Camino. Sadly both are small blocks. I have an early 348 from a 58 Chevy that I bought from my neighbor in HS and had in my 58 Impala ragtop until it rusted away in the 70s. I still have the motor on an engine cart in my garage and have a question that I will ask in another post. I drove dozens of Chevys, new and old until they started making junk in the 70s and I switched to German cars. I recently bought the 2 X frame cars to participate in the dozens of cruise night car shows in the MPLS / St Paul area.

Current vehicles

59 El Camino. Roman Red 283/180 PG. Rust free CA car
64 Impala SS. Light Blue Metalic/Ermine White top. 327 250 PG. Rust free CA car
88 Porsche 911 Cab
00 Porsche 996 Cab
08 VW R32
91 VW GTI 2.0 16 V
93 Audi S4 MTM
03 Audi TT Roadster 225 HP
65 Ducati Monza Jr
74 SkiDoo TNT 340

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome aboard!

I see you listed Camdenton MO but mentioned St. Paul. Where do you keep the girls?

Cheers! TomK

JCL

I grew up on Minnesota’s Iron Range about 100 miles north of Duluth. I spent ten years working on the large 200 ton mining trucks until the mines folded up in the early 80s. I went back to school and moved to the twin cities area and worked as an engineer / manager until I retired. My favorite uncle passed away and left me several places in the Lake of the Ozarks area so we split our time about 50/50 between MN & MO.