Another Rabbit Show

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well, I was Up at 3:00 am this morning, drove 2 1/2 hours with my wife and daughter to get here to the Pa rabbit breeders convention. I know this is posted under hobbies and other interests, but it's neither to me. My daughter shows the rabbits, I'm just the chauffeur. Well, I guess getting up this early is good practice for Mike and myself early morning trek to Carlisle in a couple months. Gotta look at the bright side.:D

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You right about the "prize Bill" look, Dave. You would think some of the rabbits were Z11s the way some breeders act. Lol. Deb raises Holland Lops, Giant Chinchillas and Thriantas. She's tried a few other breeds over the years like English Spots, English Lops, Rex, American Chinchillas, Mini Lops and Netherland Dwarfs. Wow, I can't believe I remembered all those names. Great fun for her and my wife.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanks from my daughter. She's got somewhere between 40 and 50 rabbits. There are a few wild ones around the yard too. You must be awfully patient to have gained the trust of a wild rabbit!

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
How are they judged?
How does the winner get to live his life?
There is a book of judging guidelines / standards for each breed, kinda like a dog show. They check from tooth to tail, ears to feet. There are hundreds of rabbits of all breeds and around fourteen judges. Each judge will judge a few different breeds. All of my daughters rabbits live well. No hasenpfeffer.:D