Another Rabbit Show

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The judges tend to get scratched up now and then . Jim speaks of hasenpfeffer. At most shows there are meat buyers there. They carry out the loosers by the bucket full to meat truck, as some folks don't get attached to their critters. One time Mary bought one back from a meat buyer because a little girl was devastated it was going that route, and Mary gave it to a friend of hers to take home. The little girl was very happy. Like I always say, she's a good woman. The meat buyer was happy too.

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
James, If you look at the previous page you'll see pictures of two of the champion rabbits taken last year. They still look the same, see one you've seen them all:D. I couldn't tell the difference between any of them. Just slight differences in build and shade of red. But the judges could sure tell the difference and of course my daughter and wife could tell the difference. The rabbits are tattooed in an ear though.
P.S. I just didn't get a chance to take any new pictures of the rabbits today.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Many years ago I was helping the water meter readers during a shortage time and a white poodle similiar to Keith's came around a house and latched onto my pants and leg. Yep ripped the pants and caused me to bleed some! That smiling poodle can really do some damage if they want to! Poor bunny!
Robert

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I like pet rabbits and had them and Guinea pigs as pets as well as a possum and cats and dogs (at different time though as some dont mix well)
Well over here we have a feral rabbit problem like nothing else.
Our very thoughtful government has introduced a virus to kill the rabbits but the virus doesn't discriminate between a wild rabbit and a pet rabbit so people are having to keep their pet rabbits indoors only and not let and flies or insects near them as they carry the virus.

We hunt rabbits as they are a destructive pest when in large numbers

I wont post pictures on this thread of them on the last hunt as i do like pet and show rabbits

Nice job on your breeding Jim

Steve

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Oner a thousand Steve? Would you send pics and a report when you get time? I think you said you were loosing your prime spot.